ID-Workz Yellow Demo Glanza

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough :D the old ones knock out but you can't knock the new ones in. You can remove the hub and have them pressed in, that would be the best way if you don't have a compressor/air gun. I tapped the studs in slightly, then put two old brake discs on the hub and screwed old wheel nuts on over them. Once they were in place I used the gun to tighten the nuts, with the force the studs automatically pulled through the hub. I had to heat the hub up as well as they almost got stuck when they got around 80% in, they went straight in fully once the hub was heated though.

I'm thinking of going for -2 camber but don't want to wear the tyres too badly, we'll see once it's booked in. I think the NSF needs a new wheel bearing first though as something feels a bit loose. :(

Hopefully Luke, all depends on my Uni exam timetable. :(

Liam I usually use 'All car tyres' in Huddersfield, but I'm not going there again. The workers are alright but the boss seems to be a cock, not friendly at all so why should I give him my hard earned? I may pay a visit to TDI North in Warrington this time.

Love it :)

I notice your bottom rear sidelights don't light up? And did you smooth the bit on the sides of the roof where those plastic rails go?

I think he hasn't put them back on yet.. Well it looks like it? :ph34r:

this really is very impressive what you have brought this car from and too. and i love the fact its self taught, just makes it that much cooler. i joined when you were building up your first n/a and followed that vigorously and now to see how this transforms aswell is awesome. id love to see this in the flesh one day.

personally if it was me i would install a hidden electric powersteering pump and relocate the rad overflow bottle so its hidden somewhere, really would finish off the cleaned bay that much more would look amazing with that done seeing as you have put all the effort with the wiring smoothing etc.

also would really be very interested where you get your money from lol. not as a joke but its very impressive that your a student, owning two cars that both cost a considerable amount, running what seems to be quite a successful business etc. im still yet to receive the financial benefits of self employment however they are starting to come about. ill get there soon then ill be able to afford a nice new daily and my beast lol.

also cheers for the link for the wheel studs. will order a set this weekend.

car is looking real fresh mate.

sam

Sweet mate car really is a weapon!! the stance is incredible. :)

Also yeah TDI would be a good call matey :) If your struggling i could possibly arrange for the old place to do it? Did a few people on here now, (Ro55ifumi, Cazzac,) And they both seem impressed.

Some awesome pics there mate the paint looks diffirent in diffrent lights if you get me? looks sweet!!!

Yeah, that's pearl paint for you. Always looks different depending on the lights. Looks like a glowing gold in the direct sun!

Love it :)

I notice your bottom rear sidelights don't light up? And did you smooth the bit on the sides of the roof where those plastic rails go?

I'm pretty sure the bottom bulbs are missing, I quite like it like this though

Nice pics mate lush lookin car mate

Cheers :)

this really is very impressive what you have brought this car from and too. and i love the fact its self taught, just makes it that much cooler. i joined when you were building up your first n/a and followed that vigorously and now to see how this transforms aswell is awesome. id love to see this in the flesh one day.

personally if it was me i would install a hidden electric powersteering pump and relocate the rad overflow bottle so its hidden somewhere, really would finish off the cleaned bay that much more would look amazing with that done seeing as you have put all the effort with the wiring smoothing etc.

also would really be very interested where you get your money from lol. not as a joke but its very impressive that your a student, owning two cars that both cost a considerable amount, running what seems to be quite a successful business etc. im still yet to receive the financial benefits of self employment however they are starting to come about. ill get there soon then ill be able to afford a nice new daily and my beast lol.

also cheers for the link for the wheel studs. will order a set this weekend.

car is looking real fresh mate.

sam

Cheers mate, appreciate that. I've been working since 15, I don't drink, smoke or go out clubbing. I now run my own business, and work for my dad when I can. I'm stingy when it comes to buying myself clothes and shoes etc, combine all that together and it leaves me decent money to spend on what I want to.

Saw this video and it made me think of what I was saying about a video. Static shots, a launch and a few driving shots. Would be a nice promo for ID-WORKZ too :thumbsup:

Wicked idea, I'd love to do something like that!

Sweet mate car really is a weapon!! the stance is incredible. :)

Also yeah TDI would be a good call matey :) If your struggling i could possibly arrange for the old place to do it? Did a few people on here now, (Ro55ifumi, Cazzac,) And they both seem impressed.

It's a bit of a treck for wheel alignment though, could you be me a quote though please?

^ somthing Im in the middle of doing

:) Idrees, maybe in summer we can make one with both our motors?

That would be awesome, and new to the scene. Never seen a video like that of one Starlet, yet alone two! ;)

Just over a week til the Jap Performance photoshoot and still a fair amount to do.

I set up a vacuum to the wastegate today so she was boosting .45 bar... until she developed a boost leak somewhere. So I need to start driving the Clio and park the Glanza up, I'm going to forget about mapping her for the time being. I think it's too soon for that, she isn't 100% yet. The fan belts are squeaking like crazy again so I've started to hate driving it, best bet is to leave the car parked when it comes to times like this!

Other than that, I'm waiting on some braided hose so I can finally set up the catch can and a new centre cap as one went missing. I might have the screamer pipe welded to go back in to the exhaust too, just depends how it sounds on high boost. The sound isn't 'all that' on low boost imo.

silly little thing but maybe spray backs of headlamps black (grey part lol) really tidies it up imo spesh if you got photoshoot on the horizon.

how hard was the wire tuck by the way. very tempted to do it to mine after this summer as the loom i put it mine has been lightened from a/c etc but not overly impressed with it tbh. would love a properly clean bay like mint you know.

i hate big bodykits, especially on starlets but this with this colour, it really just works. love it :)

sam

Edited by snails ep91

Aw damn I was hoping you'd have it mapped before the shoot. Or is there time for mapping and sending in figures/a graph before they feature the car in the mag?

I fitted the Emanage a few days ago, I was going to drop it off at TD last night but Nick hasn't get got back to me so I spent last night setting the car up at 0.6 bar instead. I'll just enjoy it at this power and I'll get it mapped while I wait whenever I can get booked in, will be a few weeks though.

silly little thing but maybe spray backs of headlamps black (grey part lol) really tidies it up imo spesh if you got photoshoot on the horizon.

how hard was the wire tuck by the way. very tempted to do it to mine after this summer as the loom i put it mine has been lightened from a/c etc but not overly impressed with it tbh. would love a properly clean bay like mint you know.

i hate big bodykits, especially on starlets but this with this colour, it really just works. love it :)

sam

I like how the original headlights look, the surrounds are dark enough for me. The wire tuck is far from easy, my mate is an electrical genius and he is the only reason the tuck was successful. I'd never attempt to do it myself. Cheers by the way, appreciate it.

So, the E-manage is fitted, oil & filter changed and the boost controller is fully set up at 0.6 bar. Today my replacement boost gauge arrived from R-Spec as the one I purchased before was faulty, braided hoses for the catch can have also arrived so hopefully I'll have these parts fitted today. I've also got some ID-Workz stickers from Josh (Stick2it) so I'll have those fitted before the feature too. Other than that, the bonnet needs meshing and painting on the inner side then it's ready for the photoshoot this week. I must do something about the centre console too.. can't find my dremel anywhere though. :rolleyes:

More pictures soon! :)