ID-Workz Yellow Demo Glanza

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes mate I can't wait either! I had an annoying hesitation problem with the Glanza and finally sorted it today, I had a feeling the vacuum pipe to the MAP sensor had too many feeds going from it (boost gauge, EMB and AVC-R) and I was right. So when the engine is out I will get some new vacuum nipples threaded in the back of the manifold. I also need a new AVC-R as the buttons on mine are quite sticky and are beginning to annoy me.

So much to do, such little time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice to see you are still plodding along with this matey :) didnt think you had time to wipe your own arss these days lol with the expansion of ID-WORKZ etc!.

Keep it up dude love this project :)

What a car, just sat and read the whole build thread! Been meaning to since reading the banzai feature. Can't wait to see what power this makes when the 5e is built, mapped etc. What management are you gonna run?

Thanks for the nice words guys. She currently has an Emanage Blue but I may upgrade to Emanage Ultimate for now. Maybe better management at a later date :)

The block and bottom end parts are now at the engineers for machining. I also now have a lightweight Fidanza flywheel so I'm happy with that :D

2f143a14.jpg

The following work will be carried out:

Block rebored, decked and notched

Crank polished

Bottom end fully balanced

Hopefully it will be back in a couple of weeks. Just need to do something about the head now.. :)

very nice update any plans for a the head? turns out thats the expensive bit :p

think u should get a emu :p and on an unrelated note have u seen my for sales thread :p

still waiting on a reply to my pm by the way just w hen u get a chance and are u able to supply blueprint stuff? like cv joints and what not cheaper than camskills?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Right then, sorry about the lack of updates. I just don't have enough time to work on the car these days.

So, the engine is back from the machine shop. I just need to get the cylinder head sorted before assembling the engine, even if it's a simple rebuild with no port/polish. No pictures of the engine, but I cleaned 6-7 months wort of dust off the car and gave it a rinse.

7046D057-5696-4DE8-8513-F1E34C8C466F-10361-000007B39953CB4C.jpg

B9F15B87-5841-4163-9F85-9B78E156F882-10361-000007B3A08E5F2F.jpg

New parts include:

-C52 gearbox with Quaife LSD

-Greddy Emanage Ultimate (nothing amazing, but better than the Blue I currently have)

-OEM armrest complete with brackets

Along with the usual engine build parts; Athena 1.4mm headgasket, ARP headbolts, OEM oil pump & gasket set, thermostat, water pump, timing belt kit, oil pressure switch etc.

There will be some changes on the exterior too, but that's probably after the new engine is in and running.