ID-Workz Yellow Demo Glanza

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the only other one I took:

3F8DCCC1-5C18-4C6C-A422-5E9D3772FA71-745-0000007BD379A660.jpg

The red is faded off the lips so they could do with a refurb. The 16s filled the arches better too but if I keep these wheels I'll definitely add spacers all around to help them look a bit better. I'm undecided at the moment though.

• 3 months later...

The wheels will be refurbished a different colour, not decided just yet though.

So, seeing as work is quiet due to Christmas, I thought it'd be the perfect chance to start my engine build. The cylinder head isn't rebuilt yet so I planned to build the short block for now and fit the head when it's ready.

Started by digging out all the parts from clean storage and got the block painted. I went for black once again just so it looks nice and clean.

8DA4597F-7825-4E6C-AFF2-811D623F6FB2-4006-0000029800FFF9DD.jpg

Once that was done, I cleaned up the crank, assembled the pistons/rods and fitted the bearings. All was going fine until it came to the thrust washers, or lack of!! The damn machine shop haven't given them back to me! I didn't notice this as everything was boxed up since I got the engine back from the engineers months ago, and I assumed the thrust washers would be there along with everything else. Clearly not. Now I can't do anything with it until I get a new set of washers, and that'll most likely be the new year when I'm busy again and have no time to build it. I don't keep these in stock at work as 5E parts are slower sellers but I wish I did now, plenty of 4E sets in stock but nothing for the 5E. Wounded!! Chances are that everything's going back in to storage for a few more months.

• 2 months later...

Yes, a little. I assembled the engine block with the crank, pistons, rods and oil pump a few weeks ago after work. I need to get the cylinder head cleaned and rebuilt before fitting it to the block, I'm not having any work done to the head yet though.

A quick picture of how it looks now:

68F4A20B-A466-47D5-8688-3EDD6690B47D-215

It won't be fitted to the car until I have a bigger unit which shouldn't be too long now I hope.

Awesome build! I love the look of this Glanza, It makes me want to get the tools out and do a full rebuild on mine! Money and the Mrs wont be having that though :D

Look forward to seeing this in real life some time :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers dude!

Some actual progress.

The block is almost fully assembled.

03084D34-BAFE-483A-940E-F79C821BD1B9-117

2E90FDB2-79ED-4DED-9F48-02020DE93808-117

D38C14DD-E9AF-4E47-9B58-429C0ECED547-117

Just a few more bits to do, will update in due course.

Also I have this waiting to go in too, Emanage Ultimate with EP91 harness.

A3AAC5F4-CC24-44BC-B82F-5E28ED9ADB2C-117

More soon, hopefully.

• 1 month later...

No major update..

I decided to opt for the ARP head stud kit instead of the ARP bolts, so the block went back to the engineers to have that fitted as it needed rethreading to M10 from M9.

http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/idworkz85/media/null_zpsd72e5486.jpg.html'>null_zpsd72e5486.jpg

Patiently waiting.

http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/idworkz85/media/P1060223_zpsd926e352.jpg.html'>P1060223_zpsd926e352.jpg

The head should also be back from the engineers next week (it went for a refresh) so hopefully I can finish building the engine next weekend.