ID-Workz Yellow Demo Glanza

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She had her photoshoot today, this is the only one (poor) picture I took, the rest will be seen in Jap Performance magazine when they are ready to feature it!

057d29fc.jpg

Bits sorted/added:

OEM front windscreen seal

ID-Workz decals from Stick2it

Rear screen tint glue finally cleaned off (took me 2 hours in the cold) :(

Centre console tidied (back to stock look) and AVCR mounted

Catch tank connected with braided hoses

She is going back in the garage and won't be used until the power steering is sorted (it kinda came apart!) and until the oil leak is fixed.

Looking good iddy fella, really looking forward to seeing this in a mag!!

I also know what you mean about the tint glue, although i went to the local tint man and he gave me this king of razor blade scraper, worked a treat :D

Im assuming its in the next JP mag mate as they mention a Starlet is featured in the next issue? If so im sure its out next Thursday?

Looks awesome matey, really cant wait to see the feature! One of the best on the scene at the minute. FACT!

Im assuming its in the next JP mag mate as they mention a Starlet is featured in the next issue? If so im sure its out next Thursday?

Looks awesome matey, really cant wait to see the feature! One of the best on the scene at the minute. FACT!

Sweeeeeeetttt :wub:

It won't be featured straight away, maybe in the March or April issue. I think it's time to take it back off the road now, as it's more of a headache to drive than it is a pleasure.

The following needs doing:

Replace alternator

Replace PS pump, bracket & fit another new belt

Fit new OSF wheel bearing

Fix oil leak

Find out why the car smells of fuel inside so badly

LSD gearbox (if I can source one at a good price)

Once all that lot is sorted, the chances are she will be officially up for sale. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers Jag!

It's been a while since I updated this!

Firstly, here is a sneak preview in Japanese Performance. She has a full feature (5 page), get the magazine bought to read the article! :)

a01ca3af.jpg

This weekend it was time to fire the car up and get some work done, the last time I drove it was around 4 weeks ago. I should have washed her before parking her up as it took me ages to wash all the muck due to it being stuck on!

Here she is looking filthy..

P1050607.jpg

P1050608.jpg

I had the car on stands to fit the original engine splash guards, sort a small oil leak, and I checked all the nuts and bolts were tight while I was under there.

P1050618.jpg

It's common to strip the rear seats out of your Starlet as a first modification, well it worked the other way for me - it's one of the last mods! They weren't needed as I don't allow anyone to sit in the back anyway.

Before:

P1050620.jpg

After:

P1050662.jpg

The next day I gave her a thorough wash, and she was even lucky enough to have a coat of wax! I will be doing this more frequently now though. The weather was beautiful on Sunday so after cleaning her, I went for a nice spirited drive up in the country side. This was just to get to know the car again, the last time I drove it properly was at Japfest 2 and even then I had overheating issues. i had the most fun I've ever had with her this weekend! Here's some picture taken when the sun was out, I've tried to show the pearl colour but the camera doesn't do it justice.

P1050633.jpg

P1050630.jpg

P1050631.jpg

P1050635.jpg

Then on Monday Andrew Biddle from Banzai magazine turned up bright and early for a photoshoot. :D After some wondering around we settled for a location we found locally and he got started while I walked around kicking stones and feeling cold! Here's some pictures I took while we were there.

P1050642.jpg

P1050641.jpg

P1050645.jpg

P1050643.jpg

P1050646.jpg

P1050647.jpg

P1050663.jpg

P1050667.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys :D

I have finally fitted my rear Whiteline ARB! It was only waiting around a year to be fitted ^_^

All being well, the next step is a fresh forged 5E build. I can draw up some plans once I have sold the current 5E-FHTE, it's a waiting game right now but there's no rush. It's a shame I didn't get the chance to have it mapped as I really wanted to see what power it made at 1 bar, ah well. :(

Cheers guys.

5E-FHTE sold, so it's time to build a forged 5E-FTE :D

298b3abc.jpg

I am too busy with the business and my education so I'm getting my lazy brother (Tayyib) to remove the engines from both cars :p