ID-Workz Yellow Demo Glanza

Cheers Luke, WEPR ftw! Sacha I have had her running over the last few days, just had a bit of a dodgy idle tonight due to a vac leak. Once that is fixed I can take her for a drive because I now have a working radiator fan! :(

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A small update, the car is now running and I've taken it for a test drive a couple of times. All is fine apart from a very small misfire on open throttle, nothing that can't be fixed easy enough hopefully.

I fitted a new steering wheel, oil sandwich plate, water temp sensor and air filter relocation kit (after finally ordering a reducer).

8d866491.jpg

HKS filter hiding

873d5e44.jpg

5fd71f96.jpg

Just some very small things to do now such as connect vac hoses on the wastegate, tidy the injector wires, check earth for the AVCR as its gone off and some other very very small things. Nothing that's stopping the car coming on the road though, she will be tax'd next month hopefully.

Cheers guys, I'm quite looking forward to driving it but I don't want to tax it just yet as it seems a bit of a waste having 2 cars on the road. Hopefully she will be hitting the streets in Febuary! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so here's a little update. I advertised my S3 so that I could get the Glanza on the road (no use for 2 cars as mentioned above), 4 days of being on eBay and it was sold to a happy new owner. I didn't waste time getting the Glanza tax'd, it was on the road within about 30 mins after selling the Audi! Good job insurance and MOT were sorted beforehand. :)

SInce being on the road (12th Jan) she has covered around 300 miles, then I took her back in the garage to sort the squeaking fan belt (17th). I thought this would be the best opportunity for me to fit my CJ Engineering lightweight crank pulley, so I unbolted the engine from the mounts and changed over the crank pulley. Once the engine was back in place I realised the auxiliary belts were too small to fit with the new pulley, and was impossible to fit. So the next job is to buy yet another new pair of auxiliary belts and get the car back out. Other than that small issue, the car runs well. I've been adding every little niggle to the cars 'To-do list' as I'm not having it mapped until everything is absolutely bang on, or near enough! I'm having issues with the boost gauge, I bought a new boost sensor for it but it still does not get a vacuum reading so I'll be sending that back to R-Spec hoping they will help me out as I bought it brand new around 10 months ago but it's been barely every used as the car has spent more than 90% of that time off the road! I also need to make a custom centre console to house the AVCR, mesh the rear bumper/bonnet, have a windscreen seal fitted, align the headlights, and have some tidier number plates made. I'll update the thread as I get them bits sorted.

In the mean time, below are a few snaps I took last week. Sorry they aren't very good but they show the car in her current state. I removed the rear window tint on the weekend, I prefer the cleaner look and besides it was the only tinted window on the car.

bcde310d.jpg

Those who think like me are thinking GO LOWER! I really wish I could but I've scraped the bumper 3 times already. :(

39817964.jpg

ffb9cd44.jpg

(The fuel/ABS light have now been taken care of!)

defb1387.jpg

3d42addd.jpg

ef967c12.jpg

78c9db1f.jpg

Looks realy fresh iddy loveing the engine bay B) Might be a silly thing to ask but im not that clued up with wires ,how have you gone about the earth wires in engine bay if the batterys in the back? i.e if you want to put an earth kit on the car will it just be a case of extending the earth wires ect? sorry for the random qustion lol

Cheers folks! I have a few extra earths on the engine on things such as the engine block, inlet, FPR etc however I'm not sure if they will actually make some difference. For the battery to have a stronger earth I imagine I would just have to find some earthing spots in the boot, I am going to add a couple when I get a round to tidying the boot up (needs new carpet and a battery box).

Still looks awesome dude!!

Contact Banzai magazine right away.

they only ever reply to me once! then never again lol!

Look sweet tho idrees mate! if your ever down my way you need to give us a shout! need to shoot ya car lol!

Cheers guys, the initial plan was to paint the bonnet yellow but I like it satin black so it's staying like this for the mean time.

Already in talks with magazines, cheers though. ;) I fitted a new pair of aux belts today, went over all the bolts under the car and found a couple not 100% tight (as expected) so tightened those up and got the car on the floor. I also made up a new filter relocation kit as the other one didn't hold up for too long, it came loose with the vibrations, so it now sits here:

df85ae46.jpg

f290a1dc.jpg

I miss the sound of the open turbo but overall it's been a couple of progressive days as she feels a lot nicer to drive just by tightening up those couple of bolts and no more squeaky belts!