ID-Workz Yellow Demo Glanza

The settings are recommended 20lb ft, 40 and 60. The first two were fine, but the wrench wouldn't click at 60. So did the bolt back down to 40, and tried 50ft lb. Clicked fine, so tried 55 - again it clicked fine. However at 60 I gave it quite a turn but still no click. The turn from 55-60 should be the same as 50-55 right? So I don't understand why I was doing more than that turn and still not reaching 60lb ft! It wasn't just one bolt as I tried it on others too. However the stock torque settings worked fine; 22nm, 44nm and 90 degrees (with a torque angle gauge).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 60 is very hard dude, seemed to turn for ages and i thought tge same the first time i used arp bolts, i realy wouldnt use the oem settings as its a totaly different type of bolt so that tiny difference in slack will be taken up im movement under boost if that makes sense, hence the head lift that you got last time. Like lew says just crack out your guns and torque her up!

I think the snap from last time was just bad luck, is like anything when enough are mass produced the odd one will be cack! Think you just had a cack bolt last time bud :)

Last time I seen a thread as good as this it was your SR build. The car looks amazing. Hope you get it all sorted soon.

Thanks mate, appreciate that!

Time to say bye now, cars going almost back to stock. No critics please. PM me for any parts. :o

Dean the 4AGE bolts have different thread pattern.

I think the block or head is cracked. The headgakset is fine, the head is torqued'd down right, The heads not warped, but piston #1 is still getting flooded real bad. Compression test shows 160 on all 4 too, piston #1 is the only one getting wet.

bring it to a reputable mechanic and get it all checked out properly mate, get this sorted and dont go ahead breaking it!

however if you do break it i have 2 HTC desires in white if your interesting in swapping some parts :)