ID-Workz Yellow Demo Glanza

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys, planning to run 1.2 bar on this. The engine was built in a day, the cylinder head was assembled by an engineer as he ported and polished it, so we just had to bolt that on once the bottom one was together. Most of the time was spent waiting on parts! :)

Cheers guys, not sure about JF2 yet. I have a stand pass so I'll try to be there.

The cars now back on the road with a new alternator, I've already clocked up 157 miles in the first day of driving. :D

Quick pic with my mates B18 EG..

3ea147ab.jpg

There are small problems that need sorting such as the throttle cable sticking, brakes still need sorting as they don't work well, steering juddering a little which I'm hoping will be sorted when the power steering is back in at some point this week. Also need an oil sandwich plate so the gauges can finally be connected. Other than that, the engine itself runs sweet and the 5E lower torque feels pretty damn good!

Just need to make time to paint the bonnet and spoiler, and buff the car as it's still not done!

I saw a new clio RS earlier in the Pearl Yellow and it reminded me of how good this is gonna look :D

Same, every time i see one i think of this lol. looks awesome bud... as always, glad to see shes running!

i dont get this 5e thing some people just use 5e cams and seem to get some big power gains is this easy as i wana have a nice strong sturdy engine haha

nice build , liked ya facebook photo td04 4e td05 5e lol

Cheers guys, certainly feels good to be on the road. I'm sure I'll enjoy it a lot more with the power steering back in though, especially if it stops the steering wheel juddering.

looking sweet mate :D the 5e feels alot nicer to drive with dont you think???

Cheers, yeah I totally agree, the low down torque makes driving up hill easier!

i dont get this 5e thing some people just use 5e cams and seem to get some big power gains

That's not true, I don't know anyone who has had 'big power gains' by using any 5E cams in a 4E. The 5E-FHE has a 30degree higher lift than all the other cams, this should make an improvement but I doubt it would be a huge improvement!

Anyway, the cars now covered 230 miles and everything is good apart from a slight judder which I'm sure is due to the TPS, so that needs setting right. The brakes are now better but there's still barely any pedal feel when cold. Mapping before Japfest too is possible, but I'm going to leave it for now. I just want everything perfect and the mapping can then be the last piece of the puzzle.

A few pictures from today with my brothers GT

IMG_6053.jpg

IMG_6058.jpg

IMG_6056.jpg

Still a messy interior, I don't have the missing panels so I've bought them from another member. Hopefully they will arrive this week. The centre console to hold the AVCR isn't yet complete either.

IMG_6051.jpg

IMG_6050-1.jpg

IMG_6049.jpg

The CD player also packed in so I need to dig out another one. :D

seeing this without a spoiler makes me question wether i should fit my livesports spoiler at all! if i could get it rigged up as removable it would be cool cause im loving the spoilerless look of yours.

Cheers guys, at first I thought it looks okay without a spoiler but now I think it looks quite ugly without it :D

Here's what's still left to do (the main bits):

Wire in boost controller

Refit power steering

Fit Civic radiator when it arrives

Remove HID kit and replace with Philips Xtreme Power bulbs

Buy and fit an oil sandwich plate

Connect gauges

Fit a new head unit

Calibrate speedo & water temp needles

Adjust TPS

Paint bonnet and spoiler

Flat and polish car