ID-Workz Yellow Demo Glanza

Cheers Zac, we'll meet up for sure once it's on the road!

Yep im well up for this matey, wouldnt mind having a good look around yours with all the kit on and not sat in the garage haha :rolleyes:

Im planning on hopefully organising a meet at J27 Birstall when the Krispie Kremes opens, would be a great place for a meet on the overflow car park of showcase cinemas!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a plan Zac. Prince I'll be back in Birmingham next month, I'll PM you when I'm there.

Managed to make a little start on the engine build this evening.

Picked these up earlier; Toyota engine gasket set, Toyota oil pump, Gates timing belt

P1050164.jpg

Also picked up the head and block from the engineers. The block has been deglazed, so it's ready to build. After a lick of paint of course!

P1050148.jpg

Cleaned up for paint

P1050161.jpg

Piston ring gaps on the new build = 0.418mm

P1050149.jpg

P1050153.jpg

Ring gaps on the previous 4E build = 1.607mm ;)

P1050156.jpg

While I was painting the block, my mate gave the pistons a clean up.

P1050166.jpg

P1050165.jpg

Block cleaned and painted

P1050169.jpg

P1050170.jpg

Cylinder head

P1050175.jpg

P1050178.jpg

P1050179.jpg

P1050180.jpg

P1050182.jpg

Polished crank

P1050183.jpg

P1050184.jpg

P1050185.jpg

And how the pistons look after a great effort from Usman (my mate who has literally build the whole car with me)

P1050172.jpg

P1050173.jpg

Just waiting on the bearings to arrive before assembling the engine, hoping they arrive today. B)

ill hold you to that ride buddy. havent been to any meets yet but will be doing so when my starly is back on oad. couldnt be doing so in my caddy van lol.

how much the machine wok on head cost if you dont mind me asking. really want some work done but dollar is tight atm. and more other things i wanna buy lol. also you still selling that custom inlet? am very tempted.

cheers

Great progress! I'll be damned if you're done before me LOL!

Get your ass in gear, I'm hoping to have the engine dropped in by the start of next week! Would have been sooner if I didn't have to spend the day in Wales tomorrow for a wedding though. ;)

ill hold you to that ride buddy. havent been to any meets yet but will be doing so when my starly is back on oad. couldnt be doing so in my caddy van lol.

how much the machine wok on head cost if you dont mind me asking. really want some work done but dollar is tight atm. and more other things i wanna buy lol. also you still selling that custom inlet? am very tempted.

cheers

I got the headwork done at a bargain price, usually would cost around £300 but a friend of my cousins did me a good deal. PM me about the inlet, I'm not desperate to sell it and would rather keep it however the money would come in handy.

i truely admire your determination mate, i threw the towel in on my V once the mapping all went to shit :) i just figured some times that couple of hundred more £ is just to much! good luck on the new engine build dude.

Looking amazinnggggggg mate :)

Cheers Lewis!

i truely admire your determination mate, i threw the towel in on my V once the mapping all went to shit :( i just figured some times that couple of hundred more £ is just to much! good luck on the new engine build dude.

Atleast you're back with another one mate, cheers!

Awesome you got the bearings!! I wanna see you at Japfest!! :D

Should be there Inshallah! :D

Fuck me the ring gap on the 4e build, you could get a bus through that!! Who ever done that needs shot.

The ring gap you have went for, is that within standard specs?

With this being my first engine build I really wasn't sure about ring gaps. All a learning curve ey! The gaps on the new piston rings are the standard recommended ones (0.48 for top ring and 0.57 for bottom ring from the top of my head)

Cheers Ed!

The engine is now built, huge thanks to my mate Usman and my cousin Shaq for giving me a hand with it today. Pictures from the process..

IMG_5970.jpg

IMG_5972.jpg

IMG_5971.jpg

IMG_5969.jpg

IMG_5973.jpg

IMG_5974.jpg

IMG_5977.jpg

IMG_5978.jpg

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

IMG_5983.jpg

IMG_5992.jpg

IMG_5990.jpg

New engine spec list so far:

5E-FHTE engine

4E-FTE pistons on FHE rods

Mild ported & polished head

Valves lapped

Polished crank

ACL bearings

New OEM piston rings

New OEM oil pump

New OEM engine gasket set

New OEM 3E flywheel

New OEM distributor cap & rotor arm

New water pump

New oil pressure switch

Zep 1.2mm headgasket

ARP headbolts

Spec 4E paddle clutch

4EFTE oil filter housing

Polished cam cover (unfinished)

Smoothed & polished fuel rail

Custom inlet manifold

4AGE throttle body

Race-tech TD05 turbo kit

Jperformance FMIC

Fujitsubo Power Getter exhaust

good work on the engine fella! i cant wait to see what runs, as it was the same as mine apart from the headgasket,

Cheers Mark, I look forward to it myself. Not sure how much boost to run yet but I'll decide when it's on the road!

Auesome work iddy glad you are keeping this project going!!! ;) Ohh and just out of interest how come it has 4e on the cam pully?

Cheers Micky, the cam gears on the 4E/5E are the same.

I imagine it would be awesome on track on a TD04!

Engine won't be going in today as I'm waiting on a new timing belt. Gives is a chance to check valve clearances and fit the remaining few parts.

Only one way to learn - give it a shot!

An update from last couple of days..

Sump and a few other bits fitted

51a01e8f.jpg

Almost ready to fit

a212c746.jpg

New flywheel

ec1270aa.jpg

d81e7811.jpg

Fitted at late night!

a3c497a9.jpg

886af883.jpg

b969c4fc.jpg

She is running and sounds sweet! Went for a little drive last night and the alternator packed in so that's next to fix. :)