ID-Workz Yellow Demo Glanza

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks folks! Soooo much to do before Japfest, will focus on the mechanical side of things before fitting the spoiler and cleaning the car! Actually not sure how much I'll manage to do as I'll be at it alone. Might have to do an all nighter tonight :)

Thanks folks! Soooo much to do before Japfest, will focus on the mechanical side of things before fitting the spoiler and cleaning the car! Actually not sure how much I'll manage to do as I'll be at it alone. Might have to do an all nighter tonight :)

dont worry bout the cleaning side of things dude, il sort it when you get there! :)

Wanna do mine also Daz? I wont mind, honest :)

Looks good bud. even though i was hating the black/carbon bonnet. i might have to eat my words. looks propper fitttt :)

sure we can sort something out!

Cheers guys. I've been working to the max on the car to have it ready for tomorrow but I must warn you it will be looking a bit messy unfortunately. Really haven't managed to have it as good as I wanted it, but hey ho I'm not bummy like that - I'd bring it with rust all over it as long as it drove. :)

Bad news is that the car rolled in to a bollard today, was rolling it out of the garage and couldn't dive in quick enough to get the hand brake. So the read bumper has a big chip in it, quite glad its not plastic as it hasn't warped. The sideskirt has cracked on one wide from the wheels being too wide and the car being too low - therefore the wheel just bounced really hard and cracked the skirt badly. And there is a massive paint chip on the otherwise due to being too low too. :)

Still need to fit one sideskirt and the spoiler tonight, I had the alarm fitted by an electrician today and the power steering is back in and feels ace. CV boot has also been replaced so the next jobs for tonight are:

Complete wiring for oil gauges

Rewire the fan

Fit spoiler and sideskirt

Fit mission interior plastics

Calibrate speedo and fuel needle

Fit boost solenoid as I removed it when there was a boosting problem

So yeah, hope to see y'all tomorrow. And I'll probably be looking like a tramp too. :p

As you already know, we managed to attend Japfest in the end. Planned to have more of it finished, ie the sideskirt fitted properly and the spoiler fitted but we ran out of time. I was really surprised with the amount of interest the car actually gathered, including an offer from Japanese Performance for a full feature! :)

A few pictures from my phone, I'll add a video and more pictures when my camera stops playing up.

There's an awful problem with the steering which made is really poor to drive, especially on track. So many times the car felt like it was sliding towards the other side of the track, felt really dangerous. It wasn't long til I decided it's not ready for track yet!

5c3c6a9f.jpg

88f995e2.jpg

e06f43dc.jpg

5d9885f7.jpg

8edcbda2.jpg

442a035a.jpg

Things that need sorted before it goes on track again:

Steering

15" wheels as the 16s don't feel good on track

Rear ARB fitted

Rear strut brace

Oil cooler as it now reaches 120 degrees