Rob_bower's 242 bhp SR - Refresh and fueling upgrades.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see my Mani mate :thumbsup: seriously cannot wait to see what gains are made from it.

Also Tyre is sorted, checked it again today and it hasnt lost pressure so it must have been that gay Valve.

ha ha ha! Yea should be good.yea as suspected gay valve! All the others are ok! Cheers dude. I.ve got some more pics of it test fitted today looks mega! I.ll put them up at some point! just waiting on the flexi for the decat and a tempory clamp for the front! Cant wait! Fingers crossed they come tomorrow!

had a chat with Jay and Joel today about your loss of power dude.

Basically, n/a's more or less depend on back pressure for performance, so the general consensus of our brain storming is that u may have reduced the back pressure too much and have subsequently lost performance. Is it possible the pipes are too wide?? i know u removed the cat, what about a gutted one?? would that help??

and on the exhaust side, is she straight through or does she have a centre box?? a centre box may help give a little more back as this happened on one of my dads cars.

just some thoughts man. the only other thing i can think of, and this is because we found my car doin it, is that is there a blowout between the manifold and the block or she is 100% sealed up flush?

Phil.

Hey dude must have missed this at some point lol

yea this was a worry!! the exhaust still has a middle box and the pipe diameter is only 1.75" and the runner diameter of the header is the same diametera as the standard i cant see how a gutted cat would create more back pressure than a pipe of the same diameter!!

I have been looking at trying the back box in but i dont think the ecu had learnt enought on the steady drive down to MM as the car is definatly quicker than it was before but i will give it a week or 2 then poss try the cat back in!!

It does sound evil though!! lol

anyways i got bored today so while i was down striping a few bits off the gt that ive sold o had a quick inspection of the cams all looks good clean and no scoring and i cleaned the gt fan up ready!!

24072010375.jpg

24072010376.jpg

24072010377.jpg

a few more bits on route too!

Did you reset the ecu and let it idle for a while after? whats best is disconnect the battery overnight, then turn the car on and let it idle for a while (10-15minutes, and make sure the weather is fairly average) and then restart it, it should relearn alot faster then.

As you probably already know, ecus only learn a small bit at a time, to learn with the enviroment, dramatic changes it may just reset to base settings.

Something to try anyway?