Rob_bower's 242 bhp SR - Refresh and fueling upgrades.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys, D-Day today, fingers crossed. I probably won't get it taxed till Tuesday even if it passes so it won't be going anywhere till then. And I'm at work ever this afternoon and all day tomorrow. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not posted in this for a while, been a busy boy.

Well after the conditional pass it it was a bit of a rush getting both front weel bearings sorted tidying up the wiring removing a few redundant plugs etc but as the light was dying the wednesday before Japfest the car was back together and ready to roll. Get in to start up, turn the key, CLICK nothing Shit what have i done. after some frantic phone calls and some rewiriing i discovered that there was no power to the starter motor. balls had to call it a night.

Thursday before japfest, up early to trace the wiring on the starter motor, after opeing the fusebox up to trace the wires from the relay, i found 2 wires on one the plugs i chopped off had been bridged further back. joining these back together and it fired up first time. right time for a propper dive for the first time, so i took the sr to work to clock some miles on it before japfest.

Over the 30 miles to and from work it was spot on although driving it harder just highlighted how far out the tracking was.

Friday Mornign D-Day as it was time to leave for Japfest i was up early to get the tracking a little better before the 600mile round trip that was planned for the weekend.

Over that weekend the car drove faultlessly a few niggles top sort and on the last 150 miles in developed a slight knock from the cv joint :(

Since then ive only driven it 3 times only covering about 90 miles. I need to find time to sort the knocking cv joint and find some pennies to get it mapped.

So how's it treating you rob?

spot on mate few niggles but everything i hoped and more cant wait to get it mapped and enjoy it.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally managed to get a few hours to work ok this last Saturday.

F0A3225B-A08B-408E-AEA0-6640686A1A81-387

Firstly re packed a leaking cv joint. Was only leaking as it wasn't tight enough so a new fastener and all good, made a bit of a mess though.

3E6EACE1-EE2F-4156-95A2-055D510DB308-387

What I thought was a knocking cv joint turned out to be the lower arm knocking as it wasn't 100% nipped up.

A little copper grease on the rear of the steering wheel boss sorted the irritating squalling from the steering wheel.

After that I sorted a few other little niggles, including the gearbox issue that had made me loose 1st & 2nd on the way home from work and then myself and starbogt went for a blast. So much better felt like driving a different car. Needs a good detail and I'm getting a new to do list together. Lol

Ill get some decent pics to at some point.

• 2 weeks later...