Rob_bower's 242 bhp SR - Refresh and fueling upgrades.

Been a while since I updated as I was busy beavering away stripping it down ready for some attention only 2 weeks before Xmas my daily died when the high pressure fuel pump failed. Not having £600+ spare I spent a day putting the sr back together with odd wheels just some legal tyres that held pressure and it's currently being used daily. I'll hopefully get the clio fixed soon so work can recommence.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right time to get back up to speed. I've still not got round to fixing the clio so I've been using and abusing the starlet so it was time to treat it to a bath. It came up really well considering it's not been properly cleaned since JAE.

Looking used.

630C52F6-E2D8-46B6-9ED7-51426ECE3DED_zps

50/50

B2F0A03E-BB7F-4BD3-AA27-128C7B9EFBD7_zps

Clean and waxed

2DA0A793-1961-44DD-9892-58DEB4600601_zps

With some holidays coming up and money sat there ready for mapping I decided it was time to get it booked in and get the finally bits of the jigsaw ordered. The main thing was a new 3 bar map sensor.

BC032C80-8B41-4185-BBA9-988766FF4642_zps

Then it was ready to go to race-tech.

While it was there we ran in to a few issues mainly that it was building a bit more crankcase pressure than Ricky was happy with so the best option was a race spec cam cover and the fuel pump originally from a mk1 gt was getting passed it's best and at 1 bar it was struggling to keep the fuel pressure within a safe reserve limit. So Ricky gave me the options and I chose to have a walbro 255 pump fitted. Some people feel that there bills unfairly increase at race-tech but from my experience if your bill goes up it's only because you decide to have more work done, at least Ricky gives you the option of what to do if you meet an un-foreseen limit on either case we weren't guaranteed to hit the issues and the prices against the price and time of having to remap against could have easily said leave it and map it's to it limit but given the options I decided to make the changes so it could be mapped to its potential and Ricky was very accommodating even matching the price he quoted me 10 months ago.

The end product was 242 bhp @ 1.2 bar which is an awesome result, though due to the poor weather I've only run it at the lower boost setting (1 bar) and it pulled like a train want wait for some dry and warm days to try 1.2 bar. Very very pleased with the end result.

Here's a pic of it back home. Just need to sort a catch tank now.

0F4EE02B-5D43-4E95-B0A0-E462B04F0D1E_zps

Time to get the clio fixed to I can get on with the winter plans.

Edited by rob_bower

Nice result :) at least he was helpful about the fuel pump and have you and option. I really should get mine white one on the dyno

Yes couldn't ask for more always on the phone giving me options.

Edited by rob_bower

Cheers guys.

Looking good there Rob! :)A fantastic healthy figure too!Was it really a mk1 GT you stripped?I guess it was wise to put a Walbro in if the pump was 24 years old :)Roll On Summer!

Yes mate it's been ages since I stripped it. Having thought about it I wasn't surprised tbh.

thats a fucking fantastic result buddy!

looking forward to getting a spin in this again some time to feel that boost!

real credit to your hard work my friend! kudos!

Phil.

Next time your over me badger. It will happen.

• 2 weeks later...

nice result mate! :) you must be loving it

Yes mate definitely a different drive to the n/a.

Just read this whole thread !!! What an awesome build !!! Well done dude and out of interest what was the splitter you had on it when you first got it ?? :)

It was from a seat Ibiza Cupar r the original one.

Thats a good result there rob makes me want a tweak so i can run 1.2 ;D were the injectors not maxed out at 1.2 though ??

Not a lot left in them now. Depends on the mapper and how they set up the duration and the condition of the injectors.

• 1 month later...