Charlies 99 Ep95 (on the road)

havent put up pics of my fenders on here yet these pics are from the day i fitted them the sideskirts are fitted properly now, i had the top vents flushed off. i think they look much better, what do you think? there are a few fitment issues but not anything that cant be fixed

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

also got 1 of my recaros fitted, will get the other 1 done when i can get some time

IMG_0162.jpg

also recieved my paddle clutch and a few other bits n pieces and the rest of my wiringlooms should be here in the next couple of days, im moving house on the 8th august so either i get set about it and convert it asap before the move or wait till were settled in our house then set about it?

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet dude looks good :p how did you go about fitting the recaro in? as I've got to oem ones sat here doin nothing so may chuck em in the 85 :rolleyes: also you know you want boost asap!! haha

cheers mate, lots of patience followed by lots of swearing to seperate them bottom half of the rails, then the cossie rails lined up perfect to the starlet rails, so i sat the seat where my mrs wanted it and put some marks between the 2 rails then removed them and welded them together with the marks lining up. sits at the perfect height but its a bit of a pain in the arse that shes sat on the comfy recaro and im still sliding out my seat. ive got a bride rail from a pulsar on the drivers side recaro, im gonna mod that to fit so i can slide my seat back n forth

cheers guys.

great news greame! is it registered?

aye ryan the fenders look much better like this, i know what you mean tho dan about them looking naked lol

just found 2 big screws in my front 2 tyres! they were getting replaced anyway just a little bit earlier than i was planning too lol

I registered my first v myself was easy tbh. Insure on the chass number, its legal to drive with no plate to mot station, however i still took it late at night, then get mot, pop to a dvla registery office, fill out the form and hand over mot and import documents, plus copy of insurace note. Then pay reg fee and minimum of six months tax then wait a few days and boom, v5 and plate auth cert comes through, then take them ton a plate dealer like halfords ect and its done :)

Sorry to waver a tad off topic bud :)

i was having trouble insuring it on the chassis number, they wanted 250 quid for a months "off the road" insurance! ill need to pop up and get a look at yours sometime greame

i actually got caught taking it for a spin with no insurance or registration plates:lol: cops on ucking dirt bikes came out of nowhere and pulled me over, managed to wing it tho as it was right outside the carpark to my flat. close call!

dunno when the engines going in tbh im moving house on the 8th august so just a case of when i get time and my mates got a weekend off so i can use his workshop. Ive got everything i need to get started now tho so shouldnt be too long hopefully.

mark yeah you can come see mines anytime mate! have you brought your car over with you?

Bet your itching to get the engine in and get some boost back at your right foot, be a nice transplant to do.

Cheers mate, I will. Yeah got the GT with me, needs a hell of a clean at the minute though and the brakes fixed, think the rear calipers have gone and mot tax and insurance are up in sept haha

where in scotland are you staying mate?

fucking right im itching to get it done, i had a scan through this thread the other night and just reliased ive had this car for over a YEAR now! i imagined id have it boosted a few months after getting it! been missing boost bigtime,. i had my mates GT for the day a few weeks back and it gave me a kick up the arse to get moving with this. Reminded me why i love these cars so much!

At the min im up round falkirk/ stirling area but im looking to move down past glasgow, more towards ayrshire.

It will be great when you get it dropped in, be such a difference, but im sure the 4 wheel drive is good fun even with the na engine

• 8 months later...

been a while since ive been in here!

as of today my car is officially off the road, so hoping i can get some time off work to actually get some work done on my car!

I got my other cyl head skimmed and a new gasket for it so first on the list is to switch the head over, then get cracking with the rest of the conversion.

i need a map sensor guys so if you have 1 pm me ;)

picked this up a while back but not too sure if it suits my car, willing to swap it for an oem rear lip as long as its 1a0 silver

IMG_0458.jpg

i found a pair of speedline competition 2's going cheap and id wanted a set for years but they were pretty fucked but for what i paid i cant compain

IMG_0444.jpg

spent a good 5 hours on 1 and its a big improvment but im gonna get them all done profesionally

IMG_0446.jpg

still deciding on a colour for them, thinking gunmetal or bronze? any other ideas?

Edited by bucketep91

Hopefully dude, its been far too long without boost, ive almost thrown the towel in and thought about selling up but i know id regret it.

Been working non stop, taking on more work than usual as were going to disneyland in june but hopefully i can find the time to get some of it done atleast

I 100% no where your coming from dude. my progress has been damn near backwards :( i think its just boost is like crack! When you have it you love it but when you go without you become depressed and make rash decisions................some even buy honda's during this dark time!!! But once boost is back you will forget what the dark times where like and just smile all the time!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Finally! some progress:D

so yesterday, the recovery guy turned up at my house to pick my car up at half past 9 (no insurance or tax)

got to my mates around 10 and had something to eat and then set off to work. heres how she looked just as i started :)

IMG_0502.jpg

engine is ready to come out with the wiring, exhaust removed and everything disconnected underneath

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

dont have an engine lift so engine will come out next week, so time for the bit ive been dreading!

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

na loom out, fte loom in!

dash back in place

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

thats as far as i got yesterday, got a few little problems tho, the indicator stalks dont marry up to the loom and ive a couple spare plugs i cant make sense of but the hardest part is done!

tucked away into the garage

IMG_0517.jpg

to be continued.........

Edited by bucketep91

aye mate, on woodhall road at my mates house.

my mates nieghbour knows you greame, he seen the car and came over talking about your 1. hes got a wee burgandy morris?

aye it was easier than i thought but the indicator stalks dont fit the loom:( and ive a few other bits i cant work out but the full dash is wired up:D

by the way ill fne you 2moz about those bits. need them desperatley