Charlies 99 Ep95 (on the road)

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asad, ive still got th eecu and loom form my 95 if you want it? Mark, i still need to check that GT seat aswell for you lol.

Charlie, thats proper scrappy engine removals there :)

Cheers mate, let me know what its like and mk its from, hoping to head Glasgow direction soon

aye geo next tiime im up there ill be changing the head and taking the sumps off to get the oil return welded on to the 4wd 1. im going on holiday a week on sunday so hopefully its finished before then:D

• 3 weeks later...

yeah so i never got anything done before i went on holiday lol

back now tho and i spent a few hours with the car yesterday, got the old head off and everything painted up and cleane, Greame also brought my headbolts round but i havent fitted the head yet. this is where i am now

IMG_0587.jpg

note the head isnt on, just sitting in place for a pic lol, some1 hasnt put the service bolt in the cam on the new head and its out of line so im getting some help with that so didnt want to take the cams out to put the head on until ive sorted that.

didnt get any before and after pics but everything looks 10xs better.

IMG_0594.jpgIMG_0595.jpg

couldnt resist:haha:

IMG_0592.jpg

ive taken off the fly wheel and used the gearbox sandwich plate and refitted it with the new exedy paddle clutch, going back up there today to get some more done, might even get the engine in tonight, still waiting on a few bits to come tho:( so i might have to do the timing belt when the engines in the car which is a pain but just cant wait to get it in.

the speedline competition 2's are getting refurbed this week too there going dark bronze along with the rocker cover and a few little bits in the bay.

comments welcome!

mate i wasnt going to bother painting it up but i had the paint and stuff there. also my mate wully who stays there did most of the rubbing down and a bit of the painting while i got cracked on with other bits. glad ive done it tho looks a lot neater, need to clean the firewall aswell now tho:(

all my body parts wernt fitted properly first time round so im gonna sort all that out too while i have the bodywork guy over to cut the bumper for the front exit, either that or im puting the front end back to standard, will see what happens.

Oh skirts, sounds interesting mate, Glad to see your pushing on.

Waiting to see what Im working at weekend but hoping for a run up Sat morning to see you and do a bit of wheeler dealers dealing

sorry mate i meant i gave idrees some skirts in return for a few parts

no problem matey, ill be up there on saturday anyway. your part is still on the car mate ill try and take it off today. u can take your pick from the bundle of parts aswell ;)

Aye its gettin there, took both sumps off today and made a propper mess of my mates garage lol i didnt drop the oil out of my fte when i removed it a couple of years ago oops!

So most of my time today was spent cleaning up and sawing the old fence for sawdust haha.

Greames doing me a favour and getting the oil return sorted then its a case of throwing it in there when the heads bolted down.

Feel like i went backwards today tbh:(