Charlies 99 Ep95 (on the road)

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few pics from the other day, i didnt get many tbh:

timing belt done!

IMG_0602.jpg

just for reference as i dont know if ive mentioned in this thread, the GT i took the engine from showed just under 70k on the clocks, but it had an mph convertor fitted so ill never know the true milage but its low enough. the car has done 118k kilometers.

as i said in an earlier post,on the new cylinder head the service bolt wasnt in place and the cam was out of line, heard it can be a bit of a ball ache but we got it lining back up with an allen key and a screw driver haha easy peasy

couple of random pics

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

:D

IMG_0607.jpg

^just sitting in place (and needing cleaned) but sits exactly how i wanted it:D

im at home atm waiting on my new sky box getting installed then im off to do a wee job then going to my mates to see what else i can get done today, got a long list of little things to do

connect propshaft to the transfer case

some wiring looms to put together

might need to change the rear loom aswell as that doesnt fit the dash loom:( but i have it all there anyway

fit turbokit with new gaskets and get it all on

weld a hanger for the exhaust

fit boost controller

fmic

cut the bumper

fit the bodywork

hid's and headlights

fit carbon rear splitter

guages

fix the interior

tax it

BOOOOOOST!:D

Whatever suits mate. Could tell he was choking for them springs lol if id of known id have got him them sooner didny know hed been fucked about as much. Let me know wit u wanty do anyway good to see your progress tho bud. Hope your pals back on the road anaw.

hopefully get it running this week if all goes well amjad :D

got the other half of the engine loom in today but there was a wierd problem. Theres only one hole in the bulkhead for the loom. where the other one should be in the middle its just flat, like a barbie :haha: so i had to put it through the other hole and stretch the wires to the middle, but it saves cutting a new hole.

got a couple of plugs in the drivers footwell im lost with can anyone help?

photo-1.jpg

not the 2 in my hand. the blue one and white ones above it, the wire for the front speaker is connected to them.

oh and my wheels should be ready tomorrow :D

Not much of an update today as im waiting on a few bits coming before it will start anyway, went out and got new oil n filter, spark plugs,power steering and brake fluid and some paint etc.

Got the rocker cover painted antracite and ive restored my headlights, going up to the car tomorrow to see what i can get done so if anyone knows what those plugs are it would be a great help.

Sorry for the lack of pics ill get some tomorrow:d

Its a car again!

looking Better than it ever has with the bumper,wings and headlights properly fitted, need to give it a good clean tho

photo-4.jpg

Looked better like this i think :D

photo-3.jpg

Just about finished now, should have the last few bits 2morrow. An igniter, indicator stalks, map sensor and a td04 oil drain.

Need to fill it with new fluids and fit those bits and it should hopefully start up :D

Exciting :D

photo-5.jpg

Edited by bucketep91

It fits, but its sitting too low im gonna have to fiddle with it again, its really tight tho. I cant wait greame, seeing it all back together with the fmic hanging out looking mean and not being able to drive it is killing me! Sure ill love wen its running. Far from the finish line tho ive still to buy some management and get it mapped, spole with chris from GI the other day, defo going to him for mapping!

Sometimes waterworld open later on a sunday, the owners mate died the other day so the funeral could have been today tho so maybe thats why he was shut?

Edited by bucketep91