• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate! Turbo seems to be working nice. :) Happy I got around installing it this weekend. Now I can put it in garage waiting for spring again. Propably going to get me a custom manifold. Now I have a JAM manifold I got from JayJ, but I'd like to have a better flowing one and my uncle who's been a professional welder for 30 years has promised to make me one as soon as I get him some flanges. :D

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Ok I guess it's time to update something again. :D Pic heavy set coming up!

The V was more or less in bits this winter and finally got something done, that wasn't the case last winter.

With alot of help from friends we got the gearbox out.

01.jpg

02.jpg

The hole it left :D

03.jpg

The box was quite dirty inside, I doubt it hasn't seen oil change in a while....

04.jpg

After that we got the box open and in goes the mighty TRD LSD :)

06.jpg

Cleaned the box a bit from inside and started to put it back together...

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

There it is now! See thru view from drive shaft hole. :)

10.jpg

Then I got some stuff from Idrees.

11.jpg

Replaced the crankshaft seal while the flywheel was of. Then in goes the new Exedy clutch paired with machined OEM flywheel,

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Next was upgrading the rear gearbox mount to powerflex one.

17.jpg

Also changed the gearbox oil plugs to toyota magnetic ones and put some Redline MT-90 in.

18.jpg

19.jpg

MT-90 seems to be great oil with mechanical LSD, as it only crunches a bit when the oil is cold. After warming up you can barely feel the LSD is in, unless you give it some more gas ;D Awesome mod and makes the car feel so much faster and stable!

Also changed the clutch line to HEL and put in solid bushes for gear link cables.

20.jpg

21.jpg

Clutch is nice and light and bites well now! Gear shfter is relly solid too, happy with it!

Next I cleaned up the front coilies, still in mint condition with no leaks. :) Desided not to lower it more as the coilie is almost touching cv boot....

22.jpg

23.jpg

Then started the thing up and checked the compression. The results were:

1: 10 bar

2: 10 bar

3: 10,5 bar

4: 10,5 bar

Seems all good to me!

After that changed all the brake pads to EBC. Red stuff on front and Ultimax at back. :)

Then time to take car out!

24.jpg

Ordered a front lip as I've been wanting one for so long but wanted to do something different for a while after seeing all the laguna lips and the normal after market ones for glanza...

25.jpg

Sat really well tbh, jsut had to shorten it a bit from the ends!

26.jpg

Here it is as it stands now. Have to finish the lip at some point and paint it white.

27.jpg

28.jpg

Thanks Rich! Can't wait to get my whiteline anti lift kit fitted. The LSD made the handling so much better already. It must be phenomenal ahter the alk ;D Rear anti roll bar would propably be the next upgrade to handling. :)

i have the same lsd as you, i also fitted an anti lift kit and fully polybushed it all at the same time and the handling was soo much better after all that, next thing is a rear anti roll bar for mine, and get my alignment done to get the best from the set up

your cars looking good though love the splitter, different from what everyone else does, looks like an eg/ek civic one?

Ok good to hear it made a difference! :) We're moving to a better garage in june with my friends and we're gonna have a hoist there so going to install the alk then and check the alignment afterwards that so that I won't destroy my new front tires right away.

I was thinking to have an rear anti roll bar and a panhard rod at the same time. I might be dropping the back a tiny bit more and I want to be sure it doesn't catch the arches as they're still perfect. How much camber you're planning to use? If I recall right I have 0,8 degrees at the moment and was thinking to add it probably to 1°.

And yeah thanks, I love the splitter too and the fact that this is in fact something new in starlet scene. :D Yeah it's a EK civic one. It's not perfect yet as I was in a hurry when installing it. I have to make the ends sit better and plasti dip it white so it would stand up more than it does in black.

It sure is! Feels so much more agressive!

Oh I didn't see that coming? From 14's to 16's! Can't wait to see which wheels you go for mate. :) not too many of us rocking 16" here around anyway. ;)

cheeers

Be my next move after wheels I think makes the world of difference lsd, that minty colour goes well with the white nice and different! Got some genuine work wheels at the coaters as we speak 14's were too small for the JAM kit haha

Be my next move after wheels I think makes the world of difference lsd, that minty colour goes well with the white nice and different! Got some genuine work wheels at the coaters as we speak 14's were too small for the JAM kit haha

Cheers mate, haven't seen many similar colour combinations around and been rocking these for a while already :)

Can't wait to see your works wheels, usually can't go wrong with them! :)

What splitter is that as it seem massive compare to everything else i have seen

It's from a civc mate. :) Yeah, it's a bit bigger than laguna lip for example but I think It's just the right size for my glanza. I want it to be simple and sleek but still agressive.