Shorty's ep85 " The Mountain Goat"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as ever im getting nowhere fast lol. but finaly finished shimming the cams back in on the port polished head so just need to bolt the fly/clutch kit back on, seal some bits and time her up then the engine can go in!

2012-03-20000618.jpg

2012-03-20000655.jpg

there she is looking more like an engine. shes all covered over and tucked away agin now though lol still need to chop the loom about to get the tps working once tje engine and custom inlet are all in place but hey takes time eh? Tempted to just book a week off and get her finished tbh.

Yea gonna try too. told adam ill drop down n see him. you want me to swing by with the mk1 bumper? Can show you the levin then too. not too sure on time atm though as I've got a hell of a busey weekend :(

• 3 weeks later...

Lol nope was an epic fail lol. the clutch wasnt alined right (didnt have a tool) so had to pull it back out as the clampforce of the orc is to great to shimmy the plate with the car in gear. then broke the only bastard tool that fit the allen bolts doing the preasure plate back up lol. Also looks like the oem release bearing will not rlease the clutch fully so in desperate need of an orc or blitz active one! So gave up :( will have another bash in the week as i havnt the time atm. few pics though to keep you goin till the engines in.

My modded sump (thanks grant :wub:)

2012-04-16172122.jpg

Sneaky peek at the p/p head before its hidden by the intake

2012-04-16171857.jpg

and my lil brother helping clean the block and swap the sumps and strainers. he gets excited when he see's the super sexy crank and full arp bottom end. tbh so do i lol

2012-04-16171916.jpg

thats all for now till i get a mo to drom the lump in...........again! Lol

Sure my mate is haveing the same trubble with his orc cluch on his evo im sure he's been told he has to space the release bearing out abit so or something so that it fully engages not sure if the same applys with yours?

Ye not the right one marc :( and yea micky there is a mushroom like spacer built into the orc ones. Blitz active and exeedy hyper single clutches use the same bearing if that helps your mate ;) i jist need to trackdown some one with stock of the starlet one as every where seems to be out atm. is no biggy as rhd is my last resort as they have em but i dont want to pay their price haha

Ye not the right one marc :( and yea micky there is a mushroom like spacer built into the orc ones. Blitz active and exeedy hyper single clutches use the same bearing if that helps your mate ;) i jist need to trackdown some one with stock of the starlet one as every where seems to be out atm. is no biggy as rhd is my last resort as they have em but i dont want to pay their price haha

Not the right one? it was great on mine

Realy? Its an oem bearing? Thats random as i am reading conflicting veiws on wether that works??! I've got some thing im gonna try in a sec so may upload pics if it works lol.

2012-04-17185551.jpg

Thats what i got off you bud.

However i bought this ages ago before i fitted the clutch from some jap tuner

2012-04-17185556.jpg

phoned em when i got it and told the guy this isnt what i wanted and had a huge row but he refused to take it bk as he swore its what i needed

2012-04-17185604.jpg

when the two are put together. i think they guy was right (bugger lol) as this looks like it will work? It turns the oem bearing into essentialy a bigger unit.