PaulStarletSR's TD04 Turbo'd beast. PROBLEM MAYB SOLVED

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as above the bore size is the same between the 4e and 5e but the 5e block is longer by around 12mms i think?. the rods WILL fit but they will be to short to acutualy give the full stoke.

you also need to use the 4efte head or aftermarket valve springs as the stock 5e springs are to weak to take boost

• 4 weeks later...

stop fucking about and get some of this shit in now paul ;)

will do billy lol weathers been shite and been workin gay hours so havnt had the time to do much at all but heres how shes sittin just now,just needin to plug the glanza wirin in and cable tie it in place then the dash can go on after i wire back up the afr, then turbo timer and boost controller ^_^32B335F5-orig.jpg

good to see your making progress when do u get your license back?

need to do "an extended re-test" mate so probly after the summer and after all the major cruises and shows so will probly miss jf2 and I've booked the week off work for it :-(

ahh i wanted to make some shows this year but new jobs doing stupid hours and all my extra cash is going into the 5e. need to get a couple of the guys from around glasgow area to meet up when your cars up and running

cheers panda, shes gona b real special when shes dun, got a wee plan up my sleeve and NO ONE on here has dun it that I've seen on the years I've been a member but itl b in the finishin stages.

id hav alot more done now but I've had to concentrate on payin chunks of a council tax debt my ex left me with so thats y ther hasnt been minty updates, moneys dried up but shud hav a coupl of wee updates in the next few weeks :-)

• 2 months later...

Cars mint mate just seein it now haha. a know what u mean when u said the day that your livinroom is like a garage haha. Will be a well gdbuild when its done. just mind am two mins away if u need a hand way anything man.

• 1 month later...

pretty cool build fair play mate :) didnt realize u was going 5e ?? bu u should be able to get sum big figgers out of that fair play

keep the good work up and try gettin g sum parts on the car and out the living room lol

• 4 weeks later...

Cars mint mate just seein it now haha. a know what u mean when u said the day that your livinroom is like a garage haha. Will be a well gdbuild when its done. just mind am two mins away if u need a hand way anything man.

just noticed youd posted mate lol theres loads more parts under the stairs!lol sooooo lookin forward to this week,hopefully wel get alot done, im chokin to have her boostin hard up the b roads!!

pretty cool build fair play mate :) didnt realize u was going 5e ?? bu u should be able to get sum big figgers out of that fair play

keep the good work up and try gettin g sum parts on the car and out the living room lol

aye 5E is the plan in the end, shel be 4E for a while and im gona build myself a forged 5E bhind the scenes then il b joinin club 300 ;-)

Good to hear the engines out bro :)

cheers bud! sideskirts r off too for a wee repair and respray job by my own fair hand, thot id do them sein as i done the front bumper too and hrf bumper spats ;-)

not sure the 4efte and 4e cranks are the same mate

but progress sounds good, would look even better with pics ;) haha

ooh u cheeky bitch!lol tagged u on facebook bud but im tryin to upload the pic on here but photobuckets bein a bender atm and wont let me for sum reason!

I've asked alot of people and the cranks r apparently the same, just mmarked 4efe and 4efte respectively. i no itl take the abuse, rob sr is runin his sr engine with only the pistons rods n sump changed on it so must b good :-)

really? i though he had an fte engine? :s think the are marked 4E and 4ET have you had them weight checked?

haha pictures need to go up :p i saw the one on fb, but it was of you, aint nobody got time for dat! haha

lol me AND the SR lol

read his build thread mate, am sure its an SR lump n hes dun a wack of cust shiz to it,sump bein 1 of them, because him n his dad r mechanics n hav a garage am sure :-)