Taggys EP70 Boxy, Forged TD04, 5E-FTE

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have decided on a Prosport full stainless Decat system front to back, although i am gonna be keeping the exhaust hidden to keep the sleeper look.

Really loving this lol, What exhaust you going for? Cherry bomb lol??

D

^You're missing the point, it's a sleeper <_<

Sleeper. Not shed lol. He mentioned taking it to shows. And besides. You wouldn't think twice when its sat on a set of minilite lookalikes with a tidy tip poking out the back. It would atleast look tidy sat on some nice wheels. Sleepers can come in different forms lol

D

It has a full EP82 loom in it which powers the engine but it also has the existing ep70 loom in it, I have wired both looms so when i turn the key it fires up both looms. That way i didnt have to modify anything in the dash, i can use the existing keys, stalks, instrument cluster.

Ryan: Yes i like the idea of keeping the existing pea shooter but have a full system hidden in there somewhere, lol briliant :p I'll get him to weld a little tiny pipe out the back ha ha, I am sure prospeed will help me out with that <_<

I will be looking to plum in the fuel lines tonight, maybe even try starting it!

So is it the '82 dash loom?? Does it mean u gotta put in stalks, buttons, heater controls etc out of the '82?? And how come u used the ep70 ignition loom?? Was it for the keys??

Looks real sweet mate

Got some more work done this evening, had about an hour of good sunlight before it got dark so connected up my fuel tank :)

For those that need to know, the 3 pipes on the fuel pump do the following

1. Is a breather

2. Is the main fuel feed

3. Is the return fuel feed from the rail (small pipe on rail)

Video is here of my antics,

EP70 (boxy starlet) 4EFTE Turbo conversion part 11: Fueling setup

http://youtu.be/o0a0cgHYneo

Sorry its cuts off half way through, phone went dead and then it bloody pissed down, but you get a feel for what i am doing. I turned the car starter over and the fuel pump fired up and pumped fuel into the engine bay, quite literally, fuel filter is knackered so need to order a new one. I couldn't get the pump to work initially but turns out the loom has two earths for the pump which need to be connected, so don't forget those!

Really happy the fueling is sorted now, got the major things in place now, so not long before i can start it.

this is an epic buid i love it well done fella liking the video diary to. just sat here and read it from the start keep up the good work

Its not possible without doing some serious cutting of the bodywork, i have looked at it already, the fillercap neck goes inbetween the skin of the outside/inside of car. I am just gonna get a filler neck for the tank and then put a fuel cap on top of it which i can close. I'll have to open the boot to fill up :)

epic cant wait to see some vids of this thing running :) are u gonna plum the tank in to the filler cap on the outside?
  • 2 weeks later...

Like a complete dick i have been messing around all day trying to get this ignition problem sorted, thinking of all the extremes of what it could be, then 4hrs later my friend comes over and I tell him the problem and he looks at it and is like

err, isnt that wire supposed to be in the pack?

I was like wtf you on about, turns out like a cock i hadnt pluged in the 3rd cable which supplies power to the pack, FFS!! how did i miss that lol.

Anyhow suffice to say

FRANKENSTEIN is now born and working!

Check it out

EP70 (boxy starlet) 4EFTE Turbo conversion part 12: Starting engine for 1st time

http://youtu.be/6LnA-tAp7Io

car.png

Sweet!! Sounds like a truck though as there is no exhaust system on it, but i am looking to get a full custom one made for it, its up and onwards from here on in :)