Taggys EP70 Boxy, Forged TD04, 5E-FTE

Awesome! Need to get me one of those boost controllers! Does it have a Turbo timer function?

You know you said you got the geometry done at Avia Auto? How much did they charge if you don't mind me asking? Did they give you a spec sheet with the measurements at all?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That model doesnt have a turbo timer, but there is one that does. The geometry has been different prices the 3 times i have had it done, it really depends on how difficult your suspension is to undo it its on coilover. Mine were seized on so last time i spent about £150, most of that was spent whacking my coilovers lol, but then another time it cost me about £50.

He charges by the hour hes working on it to do it, so as long as he can undo them easy it usually done within an hour. I am afraid he doesnt give you a spec sheet, but i am sure he could print off the measurements if you wanted. I just never asked, hes a nice fella.

they have told me that its been lost when the database crashed, I am gutted! I have to rewrite the bloody thing.

Well ill start a new one continuing on with the 5e build, so it can help anyone else who wants to make their own engine. It was really daunting to start with but i am starting to get my head around it now :)

In a moment of madness i have ordered all the forged parts i need new.

So just ordered the pistons, rods and bottom end bearings and a full engine gasket set, just waiting for them to turn up and I can take the block down the machine shop then to get it rebored to 74.5mm. I'll get them to clean it all up and while they are at it they can polish my crank for me too.

Only thing i need then to stick it together is a new sump and pickup (mine has got a huge dent in it!) and while its all apart I might rebuild the head too.

Oh and i still need to sort out somthing for the 5e clutch, i want to try and get my 4e flywheel to fit, so will see if they can re-machine the flywheel for me.

This is gonna keep me busy for the next few weeks!!

Yeah it should be, although running it in is gonna take a while, i heard some people say you have got to do a 1000 miles to run it in!!

Yeahhhhhhhh! I think people use the 3e flywheel or something so they can still use a 4e clutch?

Will this be run in and mapped by the Spring action day?