• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little update, the bad weather is here so the car is of the road :-)

Alot is going to happen over winter, the turbo I'm going to run is already bought and we be getting sent out tomorrow, it will be getting fitted over winter as theres not a great deal left to buy I.e turbo kit wise and depending how much work I have on. The glanza may go into the body shop :-D

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to cut the front right handside of the crossmember to allow the manifold to fit but I'm sure I can come up with something to keep the strength :-)

Not sure what power exactly but just as much as what the car and myself can handle :-)

Rob.

I'll have to cut the front right handside of the crossmember to allow the manifold to fit but I'm sure I can come up with something to keep the strength :-)

You mean the top light support bar? Or the lower cross member?

Handle wise id say 400-450bhp is max they can sort of handle...

That turbo is a 600-650bhp turbo... :)

I'm going to start of with 0.8 bar as that's what my wastegate is sat at so when it comes to being mapped etc I'll go on track with it sat at 0.8 bar and see how I get on, more power will come when I go to santa pod etc, not just 600-650 on the street haha :-P

Rob.

• 1 month later...

Not really mate, just swapped over jobs and I don't get payed for another two weeks and with Christmas coming

up, it's put a halt to stuff atm but I will be buying more parts and swapping my engines over, over the Christmas period :-)

Rob.

I havnt ruled it out yet but I don't want to spend an awful lot on a turbo that will last the same as another for less :-)

Cadwel park video: B18 Glanza V @Cadwell Park: http://youtu.be/OT2C_9hQ-so

Skip to 8minutes as it's only a 20min session so there's alot of slow laps and my camera stops after so long too :-( not a good video but it's better than nothing

Rob.

Is it the camera or does it look like you are lying back with your arms stretched right out in that vid mate ?

Looks bizarre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Little update

I got some new seats for Christmas :-D

Bride cugas

DSC_0118_2.jpg

DSC_0121_1.jpg

Carbon backed :-D

DSC_0122_1.jpg

I also had to put the glanza on the road due to my daily tdi bora shitting it's flywheel and slave cylinder

DSC_0123_2.jpg

DSC_0132_3.jpg

DSC_0134_2.jpg

Then Christmas day the glanza decides it wants to smash it's passenger side cv joint to bits so this is now of the road and is going to sit in the garage to await it's new heart transplant

So now I have bought this to get me about

Bmw 320d e46

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

Excuse the pictures but it is a rather nice car and will certainly do me until my bora is fixed, unless I like the bmw to much :-P

More to come soon :-)

Rob.