New Site Feed Back

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indeed.

i like it, is fresh and clean and straight forward.

also, the home page with the earth and the clouds, im sorry but i want that back. as admin that is one of the few things i want to throw my weight around on, i like that image and i think we can develop that page to really stand out and i fancy the caption "It's a UKSC world".

but yea, all good!

Phil.

indeed.

i like it, is fresh and clean and straight forward.

also, the home page with the earth and the clouds, im sorry but i want that back. as admin that is one of the few things i want to throw my weight around on, i like that image and i think we can develop that page to really stand out and i fancy the caption "It's a UKSC world".

but yea, all good!

Phil.

x2.

in regards to the skinning side of things,

have a temp skin uploaded and tweeking the now

its darker

darker....its a touch tgtt-esque being dark.

UKSC was always the light, tgtt the darkness!!! lol

i liked how it was, think it just needed our side bars and other features plugged in.

uksc is relaxing, mellow, chilled, light and airy, not dark and heavy...i thought the whole thing was to keep us looking as much like the old theme as possible??

i like the updated forum, just not convinved by the dark theme. it gives a dark ambience, and uksc has always been light and smooth.

starting to see some blue coming in now tho, i like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil.

maybe there should be a list of all the new changes and what the new symbols etc mean , but i am still loving this when is it offically going to the domain uksc?

Also the PMs are cool it stores them as a convo so instead of opeining each pm seperately its all in one with your replys too

this site has gone from really good to , a bit glitchy to freakin amazing !

Edited by nazzurro19

Thought we were staying with the light blue colours, please not dark!!

Peronally think we just need the side bar an roll with it as it is at the mo

John

on uksc the default skin was the only light skin, all the other skins for the different rooms were dark, id wanted the defualt skin darker but when putting the skys background behind the default colour it just worked,

the defualt skin for ipb 3.2 sucks hairy aids,

the skin im mucking around with is the closest skin i have found that will work at getting a sidebar working with the same layout as before, and loosing the default skin,(which will still be an option in the drop down) the darkness isnt that bad at tm, it actually works if you check it out, im having a few issues with brouser compatibility with ie, working fine in firfox, but sure matt can help, but until he can rip the code from this skin to the default one so we can mod that more to look exactly like the old this will have to do..

there will be other skins aswell as tapatalk so its not a problem i dont think,

hopefully if matts into making any we should have a nice spread of feels for all the differnt roomsso,

understand phils points about uksc is light and airy but, i just think if it as stars and sky, which is dark. always thought like that.

trying to sort out some sort of skin with atleast the same sidebar layout as not to alianate members too much, the whole setup is a massive change from before, and skinning it changes things again, thats why its not too keen on people knowing at the monment until things are more ridged, the masses usually hate change,

i remember when tgtt upgraded theirs and there were people constantly moaning at all the changes,hence not wanting the masses to use ours just yet only for them to have to adopt another layout because its not skinned yet,. and that moaning would grate on me so much,

could people please stop posting links on fb to any urls related to getting here the now, its a small ask.

posting a screanshot hopefully does that show people something happening??.

ps the skins no where near finnished.

on uksc the default skin was the only light skin, all the other skins for the different rooms were dark, id wanted the defualt skin darker but when putting the skys background behind the default colour it just worked,

the defualt skin for ipb 3.2 sucks hairy aids,

the skin im mucking around with is the closest skin i have found that will work at getting a sidebar working with the same layout as before, and loosing the default skin,(which will still be an option in the drop down) the darkness isnt that bad at tm, it actually works if you check it out, im having a few issues with brouser compatibility with ie, working fine in firfox, but sure matt can help, but until he can rip the code from this skin to the default one so we can mod that more to look exactly like the old this will have to do..

there will be other skins aswell as tapatalk so its not a problem i dont think,

hopefully if matts into making any we should have a nice spread of feels for all the differnt roomsso,

understand phils points about uksc is light and airy but, i just think if it as stars and sky, which is dark. always thought like that.

trying to sort out some sort of skin with atleast the same sidebar layout as not to alianate members too much, the whole setup is a massive change from before, and skinning it changes things again, thats why its not too keen on people knowing at the monment until things are more ridged, the masses usually hate change,

i remember when tgtt upgraded theirs and there were people constantly moaning at all the changes,hence not wanting the masses to use ours just yet only for them to have to adopt another layout because its not skinned yet,. and that moaning would grate on me so much,

could people please stop posting links on fb to any urls related to getting here the now, its a small ask.

posting a screanshot hopefully does that show people something happening??.

ps the skins no where near finnished.

Geo

Screen shot posted on FB, still think the actual layout we have now with the side bar added would be quality :D

John

Being contructive here, not critical before I get shot down.....

Post preview in quick reply would be super handy?!?

The clock is -1 hour, ive changed no preferences, is the default in BST or something?

Are there any plans to adjust the way new posts are displayed especially what section of the site they are in. On the old format I could fly through new posts just picking out bits I wanted to see in what section, now I have to read the whole title in full to see where the post is, before i think it listed its location in a colum like last posters are at the moment:

e.g.

A full page of this is difficult to process quickly.

capturedyp.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by DavidAshton

Everything is fine for me! Only problem ive had is accessing UKSC via Google. For example if i type in www.ukstarletclub.com and click on our link it takes me to some admin page. If i click the Extreem EP bit in the sub sections from Google it puts me in the right place.

Gonna take some getting used to though lol

The clock is -1 hour, ive changed no preferences, is the default in BST or something?

Clock is fine on server, and for me on here :s

strange... ill look into it...

Everything is fine for me! Only problem ive had is accessing UKSC via Google. For example if i type in www.ukstarletclub.com and click on our link it takes me to some admin page. If i click the Extreem EP bit in the sub sections from Google it puts me in the right place.

Gonna take some getting used to though lol

yeh, the forum is running.... but the website isnt running....

and if u read Geo's posts you'll see that this is a temporary skin.

i have mentioned many, many times now both here and facebook that there are gremlins to fix and changes yet to be made and that folk will see things changing over the coming weeks and months as me make this place look a bit more UKSC. it angers me that people dont read what i post, given that there are only about 10 active bloody threads on here right now.

:) :)

Phil.

Clock is fine on server, and for me on here :s

strange... ill look into it...

yeh, the forum is running.... but the website isnt running....

just do a .htaccess with a 403 redirect in the index Matt.

Then it wont mess up the google rankings, but will redirect any lost users to the forums

and if u read Geo's posts you'll see that this is a temporary skin.

i have mentioned many, many times now both here and facebook that there are gremlins to fix and changes yet to be made and that folk will see things changing over the coming weeks and months as me make this place look a bit more UKSC. it angers me that people dont read what i post, given that there are only about 10 active bloody threads on here right now.

:) :)

Phil.

I saw it said it i was just making you aware of my temporary annoyance ... But civiclife is down (again) so your temporarily forgiven ^_^