Toyo T1-R Proxes vs Yokohama Parada Spec 2 vs other recommendations

Hi guys!

Time to renew my front tyres...

I currently have Proxes on the front and Parada's on the back.

My boggle is, do I change them to Parada's to match the back? Go with Proxes again? Or is there a better tyre to go for?

Road use, moderate to spirited to occasional right place right time abuse.

Any thoughts, experiences or opinions appreciated

:)

Proxes are shite never run a tyoy that hasnt let go waaay more than you want in the wet :( just not a fan of em any more atal tbh. good life sapn ish and thats about it. yoko all the way! Prada are awesome in dry good and prdictable in the wet life span isnt bad abd mitsi fit as standard on the evo so enough said realy lol. I've had many different tyres over the years as a mate owns a tyre shop so we like to mix it up but always come back to yoko as they are just the greatest imo :D

Uniroyal Rainsport 2s ;)

I wanted Paradas but they're terrible in the wet from what I've heard, and the UR2s are a lot better than my old T1Rs wet and dry, now that it's warming up I'm looking forward to pushing them on warm roads :)

paradas are great in the dry toyo's better in the wet when there both new. but as soon as they're down below half way they're crap. toyos are much cheaper tho.

need to try the UR2's on the daily but going for toyo r-1r's for the starlet as its more fast road/track based

UR2's for sure and be sure to go low profile. Have tried 50 profile and in general feels more floaty and less planted than 45's.

I feel they are a better all round tyre, great in the dry, fantastic in the wet, not many can say that! Perfect for where I live.

Less softer than Eagles, Toyo or Yokos but still a decent compound. Average rim protection however...

Have tried Kumho Ecsta KU31, Eagle GSD3 and UR2. Eagles are far more expensive than UR2s.

Just check Camskill and you will understand, very highly recommended for the best prices delivered, fast too.

£50 inc vat all in from Camskill for UR2s vs £61odd+ vat from local tyre fitters = £73 odd, you do the maths :)

I use the same tyres all round, no skimping on one of the more important components of the car.

Joz

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm going to check prices of the all mentioned tyres with focus on the Parada's and UR2's. I think I may be leaning towards the Yoko's so that I have 4 matching, and just deal with the poorer wet weather performance lol.

What pressures are best in them? Or is that too anal of a question? :p

• 1 month later...

I went with the Parada's after all... 34/36psi front/rear. I'm rather pleased with them!

surely that psi is too high, personally i put in 26-28 front and 28-30 psi in the rear, personal preference tho :)

surely that psi is too high, personally i put in 26-28 front and 28-30 psi in the rear, personal preference tho :)

I thought the same but my mates look a bit flat with sub 30, I'll try a 31/33 set-up tomorrow....

i run 28 psi front and 26 psi rear! imo the rear needs less not more psi than the front, toyos are a good all round tyre for the price, i dont think alot of tyres are good in the wet and i dont get why people push there cars on a wet unpredictable road.

I agree, I don't care about wet performance. They will easily outgrip the speeds you travel keeping up with traffic so just relax, cruise and save your fuel for a nice road on a nice day :)