• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other people have started playing with their wings too mate.............pretty sure yours was the first i noticed though so you'll still be able to claim that when everyone starts rocking them! :p

Really looking forward to seeing your car at Japfest mate.....any plans for another crazy homebuild splitter this year?

Oh really haha fair play then :).

Cheers buddy! Yeah fuck me by japfest mate everything will be done, all my aero stuff will be complete and on and much much more stuff haha.

I'm sure I have heard you say that before dude hHa

Hahaha, I know I know, I'm bad at wheels. But these ones are for keeps :p.

Unreal work well done

Thanks buddy!

Utterly fucking savage!

Haha, cheers Liam man. Appreciate it!

Oh really haha fair play then :).

Cheers buddy! Yeah fuck me by japfest mate everything will be done, all my aero stuff will be complete and on and much much more stuff haha.

I'm not one of them by the way ;)

Roll on Japfest!

• 2 months later...

Not updated in a while but everything is ready for mapping now and is booked in to TD for the 28th of this month. Power figures will remain a mystery until the day.. But I know what I want/what everything is capable of so I'm pretty excited! :).

Erm, probably missed a whole load of stuff that I've done since I last updated but here's some of the stuff that I remember doing when I've had time lol.

The intercooler never sat quite central, meaning the headlamp sat on top of it. This pissed me off for about a year but never did another about it until recently lol, enough was enough so I just knocked up some brackets for it and sat it central.

(Don't mind the passenger chassis leg lol, that was an experiment that went quite a bit wrong.. So just ignore the bent ness of it lol).

Before.

IMAG0817_zpswgruov9h.jpg

IMAG0818_zpsfqoozecs.jpg

After.

IMAG0819_zpspkfrmzhv.jpg

Got my boost pipes made up and all welded together. No more boost leaks, so happy!

IMAG0836_zpslvtfckxw.jpg

IMAG0837_zpssw31fkj6.jpg

IMAG0846_zpsakfxnhrc.jpg

Made a short shifter using a GT shifter. Extended is 2" either end.

IMAG0840_zpsy6e1lei3.jpg

IMAG0841_zpsl278ha97.jpg

Got a poly bush mount.

IMAG0842_zpsxpdnf17d.jpg

Also bought a torque damper and fitted it but didn't take any pictures. But here's one of the bay that I hate so much.

IMAG0844_zpspgqvxih5.jpg

Couple of general pictures.

IMAG0742_zpsek5udmoa.jpg

abf190f6-5c6f-46c7-802a-8bc9970ea335_zps

Also bought a GT passenger seat over the weekend and got it fitted today. Cleaned it up, hovered and shampoo'd.. Came out really nice and looks/sits SO much better. Such a good mod to do imo.

Anyway, like I said the car is all ready for mapping now.

Stuff I've done for mapping prep;

WEPR intake plenum.

New dizzy cap.

New rotor arm.

New iridium plugs gapped to 0.8.

Oil change.

Oil filter change.

Custom fabricated boost pipes.

Torque damper.

Poly bush mount.

Re mounted intercooler with new brackets.

Fitted short shifter.

Probably a few more things, like finally got round to getting a new battery stay and little bits like that to clean everything up.

Lots more to come after mapping and before japfest, for example I'm having my whole front end cut out and it's being tubular framed (hence not being bothered about the bent chassis leg experiment). And more shit.

That's about it I guess. Cheers.

Edited by Rbz.

Got a pic of the GT seat, but from the wrong side hah.

But as you can see the inside of the car as it stands. Bit dirty round the door shuts as didn't have time to do them, but will get on it when I do.

The seat has transformed it so much, I love it! Sits nearly level with my Bride seat too and I love the darker shade of it too. Such a good mod to do!!

0d52cd96-9896-473a-bb2a-19fa400f5117_zps

Edited by Rbz.

What mounts do you have for the bucket seat dude? I want to fit some buckets

I cut off the old mounting points from the OEM seat and then drilled a hole in each one then just put a nut and bolt through the seat subframe into the mounting foot then bolted to the car lol. Simple.

Thanks boys really appreciate it!

Going to have to get round to cleaning up the engine bay, before mapping. And i'll get some pics (maybe) lol.

Going to sort out that FPR location and get some black Teflon fuel hose for it so it looks nicer.