4EFE to 4EFTE, Possible?

I've just dropped you an email back Dan, we've turbo'd a stock 4EFE before, would be cool to push one a little further! :)

Recently did a 1.6GLX Mitsubishi Colt which had great results with an EManage Blue and a TD05 turbo.

Power on the Colt went from 89bhp to 172bhp at low boost :) with torque going from 99lb.ft to 196lb.ft!

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

Conrods are the same as the glanza 4efte's i think.. but pistons are different...

You could use a hg to lower the compression, its something that needs investigating. The price of fte's is going up to silly money now and there getting rare! So turbo'ing an FE maybe a better option soon!

Check out RobH's build Thread, he did exactly that!

one of the main things to watch out for is the N/A valve springs are like coat hanger wire lol they are very weak compared to the turbo ones. I was running a boosted 4efe in 2001 for the best part of a year till the head gasket failed due to the heater matrix poping. I was running a 0.6-1.0 of boost on a EMB but it was never dynoed so I have no idea what the power was but it was as quick as a stock GT. It was a completely stock 4efe too nothing was changed at all on the engine I just made the stock n/a manifold take a turbo.

• 1 month later...

are there any differences in oil pumps and pressures? i mean you start chucking boost into an n/a with pistons and supporting mods with a normal pump is that going to be able to supply the necessary oil that the fte pump is designed for?

but for cheap easy motoring, buy someones old ct9 setup injectors and fmic, emb or some form of piggyback and to be safe a slightly lower pressure actuator and you could be boosting fairly cheaply i recon!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...