Keirz's Glanza V A.k.a Steve-v

you never know it may not be too bad. it isnt really bad i guess and it seems to be getting better. just needs lots of revs all the time, if your thrashing it its fine

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes compressor surge is whats causing the flutter noise. the flutter noise a turbo makes is always caused by compressor surge. the amount of excess wear it has on the turbo bearings is minimal at this boost level. its basically pushing air back out through the filter. the slight force this air chopping back over the compressor wheel is causing, is nothing compared to the streses occuring when a turbo is under full boost. theres pretty much no chance that its gonna snap the shaft or loosen the turbine nut.

in terms of excess wear on the bearings ( if there is such excess wear, which i doubt will be major)..........i will just build another one or rebuild this one . which is one of the the benifits of building turbos for a living!

• 4 weeks later...

blitz nur spec on today, no pics yet but will get some tommorow. seems to have unleased a good chunk of power but as i feared its really really loud. not really what i wanted but i guess i can cope for a while

yeah still on the stock mounts as ive not had chance to fit them yet, got an engine torque damper on there already so i cant see the mounts causing to much of a problem. the clutch has really bedded in now and ive got used to it so it feels like a stock clutch again.

think the nurspec may go up for sale as it is too loud for me and not what i want. if anyone is interested drop me a pm, it is now a direct fit for the glanza as ive had ithe front section custom done.

get hks actuator and port the wastegate bourkey, take the turbine housing off and get at it with a dremal. that sould stop the creep, although ive never at any stage with this car experience creep. the old ct9 didnt do it and the new hybrid a built i made the wastegate huge!

its worth a try....get the two stock tmic rubber joiners and i little bit of metal pipe to join them and this will bring it to your front bumber. if it creeps its cost you next to nothing to try, if it doesnt your away!

You jeb. Did you know that. Now you have said that im going to have to try it tomorrow as it sounds good. This also means i will get more cut hands.

I already have a HKs actuator and i did attack the wastegate with a drill before putting the engine in. Will this work do you think???

Bourkey

yeah i would have thought maybe you should be ok, every turbo and engine is different though. its worth a try and like i say you can mash a filter relocation kit up and it will cost you pennies.

the improvement is clear to see over the efi pipe

and thats twice you have called me a jeb now! lol

Like you said it's worth a try. It should be too difficult to put the EFI pipe back on if it doesn't work. If it does creep though what would solve it so it works properly? Also what improvements do you get from it?

Oh yeah and.....

JEB%20sign.jpg

:ph34r:

Bourkey

porting the wastegate bigger or restricting the air flow through the filter. but the restricting the airflow is kinda defeating the point.

you should see a good gain in power due to the fact that there is better and colder air flow. the difference in intake temps is unbeilevable between this and the efi pipe. you can tell by feeling the intercooler piping. it is so much colder now.

you should also see a faster spool up time.

Right im going to do it then. If i get creep i'll cry and put the EFI pipe back on but i hope it doesn't. Everything i seem to do i have problems so in theory this should not work. If it does i'll be mega chuffed :ph34r:.

Also need a dremel.

Bourkey

• 3 weeks later...

picked up my leads tonight from mike at monster motorsport. 8.5mm magnacor (red ones)

kd159.jpg

also had a bit of a tidy up under the engine bay in preperation for the yorkshire RR meet on saturday but will get pics up of that when i finish it.

still not got around to fitting them bloody engine mounts though so need to get onto that.

and there is a second hybrid in the pipe line which i may build soon depending on the results from the dyno on sat.

sweet mate my mods list is very similar to yours now, just trying to fit a six speed and clutch in the now.

sorry for not reading through the thred again but are you on tein s-tec springs?

also the standard exhuast is full of win, wouldent change it for the world lol ;)

thanks lads.

@enzo, the springs im using are cobra ones i think. thats what i was told they was anyway, definatly not tien as the springs are red. plus mate the nurspec being on has unleased an immense amount of power, its unbelivable really the difference that has made. get rid of the stock exhaust!