CJ Performance - Where We Stand...

Ok there is alot of people that are not best pleased with James @ CJ Performance, and there are many good reasons.

Where does he stand as a Trader?

As a Trader, James wishes to stop trading on UKSO.

Some of the things that were said especially about people turning up at his house and other threats.

Abuse like that is not acceptable from a Trader or a Member!

What has UKSO done to stop this happening again?

There are strict rules in place for Trader's and some of these were broken.

The problem here was we werent aware of any problems until the thread got posted up publicially on the forum and then everyone expressed there feelings.

Until then we didnt have any reason to suspect anything was wrong.

We are going to ask if any members in future have any issues with a trader then please get in touch!

What about refunds?

For those left out of pocket by this rare and unforseen problem there is very little UKSO can do.

For those of you who paid via PayPal and still can then you can try opening a dispute on the payment. Paypal will always protect the buyer.

After speaking with James, he has said that everyone who is not happy will get there refunds, but it may take time as he hasnt got those kinds of funds to fork out for people.

If you wish to get in touch with him, it will need to be via 'Tara' with a PM explaining what you've paid for and what you'd like to do with the paypal payment ID you want refunding.

Can I please ask that you dont give her any abuse or threats and just explain what you require and she will try her best ot help and put it right for you.

The remaining stock he has will be going on ebay starting at low bids and the money raised will all be put towards refunding those who are out of pocket.

Sorry about this folks, it will get sorted.

We at UKSO do respect our members very highly and we dont want to see them being hard done too.

Any threads will be archived in the CJP section of the board and the section will be removed in due course...

If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to post in this topic...

However please refrain from any abuse. We are aware there are alot of unhappy folks right now, ukso is doing our best to help you guys get sorted!

Regards

UKSO Staff

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, James has said the DGR coilovers are on the boat.. Which is good. But is he stopping trading altogether? What about the 2 yr warranty that he was going to front on the coilovers? Who (if anybody) is going to pick that up? If CJP is not going to be around anymore it would be beneficial if James as a customer of DGR direct can get clarity that they will honour the warranty.

Just some adivce with PayPal, dispute can only be opened in a certain timeframe. Another option if you paid by credit card, you are fully protected under the Consumer Credit Act of 1975 (as amended). You can ask your credit card company to initiate a chargeback for non-receipt of goods. This will be charged directly of PayPal rather than CJ Performance. Your card company may ask for proof of non-receipt of goods not fit for purpose, a print out of the tread should suffice.

I work in compliance for a large finance company, and deal with this sort of thing on a daily basis. Feel free to drop me a PM if you need any advice.

Its sad to see that it has come to this. I have bought quite a few items in the past from CJP, all have been good with no faults. Hovever it is now far too late to contact paypal to retrieve funds for the ALK GB, we all paid in autumn time haha.

You did offend me Lewis, greatly, threatening to turn up at my family home whilst me and my 3 children slept with a convoy of people was completely out of order.

Daz I will get clarification on the warranty issue for you and update asap

Refunds will be processed for the anti lift kits as soon as funds are available, we are still waiting for confirmation from the supplier as to whether they will cancel the order, even if they do we will be out of pocket for the moulding costs so will have to refund people in the order they paid as funds become available

Steve, I believe it was the thread about the fuel rails that was ongoing for several days whilst we were waiting for some details from Lewis and awaiting another test fitment of the rails here before deciding on next steps. I know previously threads like these were locked to give the trader a chance to complete their promised actions.

Clutches are still going ahead as already completed

ill have my say on the matter and thats me done period.

i have disabled my pm box and it will stay that way and i do want my accoint suspended so i simply can not come on here and read anything.

as said in the first post refunds will be issued when funds become available and will be dealt with in date order.

dgr warranty will still stand and i will include clear detailed contact details for our rep from dgr shoukd you have any warranty issues that eed addressing.

i am utterly disgusted at the massive lack of support from the mod team in general. the fact that i am not the only person to have any issues with parts fitment i could sling mud round about traders on here all day about things ive seen and been told but it seems that this just gets shoved under the carpet and kept hush hush. the fact that thread was left to get to that level is just beyond. if that was another trader the moderators that were online at thw time(you know who you are) woukd have shut it down long before.

to whoever created the profile hahahaha put on some big boy pants and pick up the phone and phone me instead of hiding away.

lastly shorty. if you could please drop tara a pm as to what exactly you have done to your cam pulley with some pictures that would be grand as you are the only person to have issues with them after being remachined. a simple pm would have been sufficient opposed to throwing fuel on the fire.

so thats me done sock you can now remove my account.

I'm sorry but,and I quote

"i am utterly disgusted at the massive lack of support from the mod team in general"

Totally unfair and untrue on that one. I've seen a thread and many posts in the mod room where you voiced your problems and I'm pretty sure you wasn't ignored were you? Just because a thread wasnt shut down straight away were now getting slated for how we handled it? As soon as Matt saw the thread he shut it down. I didn't see it at all, rob and John Wernt about etc we can't be online everytime

As for the moderators I don't know who was online and who wasn't but why did you not bring this to there attention. Did you Pm someone online and say can you close this thread for me? Plus you had moderation rights yourself why not close the thread and PM the others and sort things out there

It's easy to have a dig at the staff but were not baby sitters we do all we can and are always trying to help whoever needs it but your all big boys and girls who can look after yourselves when were not there

Steve the thread was in the lifestyle general section where neither myself nor James have/had moderation rights, the thread was started on the 15th and closed by Socks on the 20th, more than 1 moderator posted on the thread.

Our issue is that previously when other traders have had an issue like this the threads have been locked much quicker and help offered to mediate with the customer to come to a resolution, just would like to know why that didn't happen this time. When someone gets a chance could they forward me a copy of the trader rules/guidelines as I can no longer access the trading hub so can't check them myself

James

I am sorry you feel this way, as stated we do not live on here and have other things in our lives too, as stated by Steve a pm to any of us from you and the thread would have been closed.

However you could have handled it better by

1. Inspecting the rails before sending out

2. Once the issue was raised asked for the offending item to be returned

3 Informed everyone else that had purchased them to sit on them till you had investigated the issue

4. After inspection re called the whole lot had there been an issue

5 Apologised for the inconvenience, offered money, replacements etc

We as a team are not here to tell you how to run your buisness but there are certain criteria that all traders should follow at the end of the day and i am sorry it has come to this for you.

John

Hi John,

That is the process that would have been followed once we had ruled out the more basic things that could have been at fault with the rail i.e the spacers but we were still waiting for that information. I am in no way trying to say we are blameless in this at all, just trying to understand why our treatment has been so different to other traders.

Did you get my PM from the 20th? As I haven't had a reply and also in that message I asked you to deal with me and let James calm down but you made several attempts to contact him via facebook yesterday(the 21st)

Tara I have just pm'd the trader rules incase no one else had.

Can I ask which other thread people are referring to that we have shut down earlier than this one pm me if you prefer.

I actually read the thread when it was still on the first page but seen as people were still trying to explain the issue and Tara was replying trying to understand the problem I left it running as closing looked as though it would slow down solving the issue.

To clear up yes there were 2 moderators post in the thread one when the thread was still remotely polite and members were providing explanation/feedback. The 2nd moderator posted and the tread was closed shortly after. The thread did escalate very quickly and as James pointed out we don't all have jobs which allow us to be at a computer all the time, and we all have commitments outside if the forum. I have a 5 week old child but have been in talks with other admin for the last 2 days discussing ways to help mediate and help being resolution to the issue, but bridges are quickly burned especially when trust is broken.

Rob

Hi John,

That is the process that would have been followed once we had ruled out the more basic things that could have been at fault with the rail i.e the spacers but we were still waiting for that information. I am in no way trying to say we are blameless in this at all, just trying to understand why our treatment has been so different to other traders.

Did you get my PM from the 20th? As I haven't had a reply and also in that message I asked you to deal with me and let James calm down but you made several attempts to contact him via facebook yesterday(the 21st)

Tara

I attempted to contact James once on fb through cjp as he had removed me.

Please see pm

John

It's ashame it's come to this, there were many good items for sale by you guys :)

Regarding this quote

" The remaining stock he has will be going on ebay starting at low bids and the money raised will all be put towards refunding those who are out of pocket."

Could we have a link to your eBay page as and when the ball is rolling so that we can help fund the refunds :)

James

Always happy about cj performace here to. But when i asked about the cam pulley he just directed to my machine shop and have to settle it there. No refund or anything.

Shitty crap crap he (engine builder) said about the cam pulley, why sell if it doesnt fit. Engine has been put toghether with the original pulley. 95 pounds down in the bin. Simply doesnt fit. Had to machine it off (james said) an additional few mm as the old pulley already was installed and the engine has been put back together. My builder did not advise to machine the pulley as the bolts hit the engine to and they had to do tomuch and i didnt wat to put again extra money in it, not happy with this at all!

Would like to have it refunded!

Hope the coilovers are good and that we get the 2 years warrenty as promised

Hi, there are a lot of people now running the re-machined pulley that came from the first batch(including a member of admin) you were advised to look in to having it machined local to you due to your location being overseas. You advised us it would cost you in excess of £100 in machining to have it done by your engine builder and we asked if there were any other way of having it machined by someone else as that price seemed rather high considering we pay only a few pounds locally as it can be done by any machine shop with a lathe as it's a very simple adjustment.

If you would like to discuss this further can you please PM me.

In regards to the coilovers, as stated above they are on route and will come with the 2 year warranty

do not see why he turned to the hulk all of a sudden tbh........

When you have children of your own you come back and tell me if you'd of reacted differently if someone had threatened to 'come and get' them whilst you slept!!!!!!!!

I'm answering PM's as quickly as I can, can I please remind people I need the paypal transaction ID to find your payment as stated by Socks in the original post.

Phil have you not received your pulley?

Hi Tara,

No it never materialized. it was only the inner part that James had machined and was sending over to me. he mailed me on the 14th Feb to say it would be leaving that day, but she never arrived.

if it was sent and its lost, we'll not get too excited tbh, Im not going to kick up a fuss over it Tara, but if its still there I would like to get my hands on it if possible. failing that, the pulley is currently with Joel at ECC so maybe they can machine it.

cheers for getting back to me Tara, much appreciated.

Phil.