CJ Performance - Where We Stand...

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The threats on that thread were not the only ones made, there were several others made privately

Phil, I'll chase it up for you

Hi Tara,

I think you have your hands pretty full at the moment, and my car is off the road.

I'm happy for you to deal with everyone who is shouting for parts / money first. my thing can wait until the members have been satisfied, I am in no rush, but thanks for looking into it for me.

we can arrange the pulley once all this is taken care of sure.

Cheers,

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

I had bad dealings with james odered blue hose kit got black ones in post, then when i sent him prove of my order he could only offer white set & i ran cj preformance cam pully which failed on me with pictures to back it up, But thanks to ryan who tried to sort me out has i seemed to get ignored

Edited by Chesh

thing I do not get is here.. i dont want to get involved but i cant sum it up

you been a trader and seemed it was doing OK..

why just go OFF it on the fuel rails and loose your whole trading business over it??

why did it not stay calm and get it sorted and jobs a good un!

only reason for anger is you must of known you where in the wrong so you got all defensive about it !

hmmm

every one was just concerned as they paid alot of money and parts do not fit and wanted a answer! simples

kno how frustrating it can be when parts dont fit and you use your car everyday!

Because we were trying to deal with the issue and get a resolution, Lew91 refused to cooperate, people who hadn't even bought a fuel rail decided to pipe up with every single minor issue they had ever had with us, most of these issues were where we had offered a resolution and they had accepted, so why bring it up? Then people complaining about stuff that had happened months ago but they'd never even told us about it.

That thread should have been locked whilst we worked on a resolution and prevented all of this. Then people making up fake accounts and posting libelous statements, making threats against my family, so I'm trying to deal with all that, and get to the bottom of the fuel rail issue when the customer is refusing to cooperate, why bother even attempting to save the business, we were never in it for the money, the business had started as we were fed up of seeing parts with a 700% mark up just because it was for a starlet

Then people complaining about stuff that had happened months ago but they'd never even told us about it.

If this is directed towards me, I raised this issue with James when I was first aware of it, yes this was months after the goods were purchased, however due to circumstances I was unable to fit the parts until December. I sent James numerous texts, only to be ignored. I understand this looks like I have just piled on to have a winge, this is not the case. I made a moderater aware of the situation also, the moderator had contacted James to look for a solution, however to no avail. It was then suggested that I contacted you. I am happy that you have replied and are looking into a solution for the problem. The item will be posted back to you tomorrow and I will PM you a tacking number.

I am in no rush to receive the item back or a refund, as I appreciate things are difficult at the moment. Ideally I would prefer a refund, due to the hassle of resetting the timing etc, as above I am in no rush as long as a suitable solution is offered.

It's ashame it's come to this, there were many good items for sale by you guys :)

Regarding this quote

" The remaining stock he has will be going on ebay starting at low bids and the money raised will all be put towards refunding those who are out of pocket."

Could we have a link to your eBay page as and when the ball is rolling so that we can help fund the refunds :)

James

X2

There seems to be some confusion here, at this time the fuel rail issue is being investigated which was stated in the thread before it got out of hand, so far we've had confirmation that 2 rails have tried to be fitted, one of those was fitted with no issues and is running(awaiting more information from this customer) the other had issues, we were awaiting information from that customer but this information has still yet to be given. Again as stated in the original thread we are waiting to test fit a selection of the fuel rails to a running engine which will hopefully happen early next week.

In regards to the anti lift kit, because the fuel rail thread got so out of hand people became concerned and requested refunds for the anti lift kits, so we have put in a request to cancel the order to try and keep those people happy.

The clutches have been tested to the figures given in the group buy thread, they are uprated mark 1 supercharged MR2 4AGE clutches so well within the requirements for a sub 300bhp starlet. The fitment for these just so happens to be the same as a starlet, they were fitted to Ryans car so that we were 100% sure on the fitment before releasing them and to get some feedback on the driveability on a daily driver. We have no reason to doubt the manufacturers testing data so further testing in the UK by ourselves to verify the manufacturers testing data would be of no further benefit.

John had asked for a refund for the ALK ages before the fuel rail situation and i asked for a refund when i did because i had paid in november and was still waiting for a product as of late march. And after many broken promises on the delivery date i asked to be refunded. To then find out they havent even been made yet. Total seperate matter from the fuel rails in my case.

John asked for a refund after you, you requested a refund at 7:44pm on the 19th, John posted after you at about 8pm I believe, the fuel rail thread had started to get out of control early afternoon on the 19th when Lew91 decided that because someone had posted up pictures with a ruler claiming the mounting holes were in the wrong place(which is incorrect as the measurements were being taken from the edge of the injector holes not the centre)that he was not going to provide me with the information I'd asked for

well if a little thing such as a fuel rail wont fit and the anti lift kit, chances r the clutch wont hold that much power.

my opinion counts as much as the next person, I've been on here long enough and seen many people bein done over for stuff, so yeah, speakin the truth should be allowed.

and also, a think james attitude and duff products have done the damage before i even read the topic and you and every1 know it.

Christ, give it a rest mate. You can't speculate on parts you haven't bought, the ones who have need to make the decision to say something or not.

Id just like to reply to james's comment at me.

The cam gear i was first sent fouled on both the block mouldings and on the cam end cap. I was sent a new gear that had been bunged on a lathe and had the back milled down, however the screws had not been cut back and had the bottom esentualy notched in half from lathing meaning it still cought the second you adjusted the timig using the gear. It also hadnt been milled enough to clear the inisal clearence issue, i then set about it with a dremel to remove the offending metal and sop it caching, once it finaly would rotate on the engine me and grant noticed the insanely close gap between head and cam gear which was a new issue. The final result is both mine and grants cam gears sit on a desk in the workshop to hold down paper. I didnt contiue to pursue the issue as i would not of been happy with any new attempt to machine an already poorly machined part, id lost confidence in what could potentaily eavt my engine if it failed under hard driving. As for the fuel rails theres no reason they should of been sent out with swarf in the rails realy which has been un explaind too, clearly the engineers wernt as fussed about the use of the product as they should have been thourly cleaned through.

John asked for a refund after you, you requested a refund at 7:44pm on the 19th, John posted after you at about 8pm I believe, the fuel rail thread had started to get out of control early afternoon on the 19th when Lew91 decided that because someone had posted up pictures with a ruler claiming the mounting holes were in the wrong place(which is incorrect as the measurements were being taken from the edge of the injector holes not the centre)that he was not going to provide me with the information I'd asked for

I would hope the injector holes are the same size on both your rail and the stock rail and that the injector holes on both rails are on the centre line datum. So what difference does measuring from the edge of the holes make? So long as you measure from the same points on both rails all is good.

Oh by the way your talking to an engineer so you cant fool me!

Gavin

Edited by enzo_e492901

Not been on here for a while and quite sad to hear about all this.

Tara could you just clear up for me if the coilovers will be sent out to everyone by post?

Thanks

Jamie

Rest easy, that's been asked by others (me for one) and replied to positively by Tara.

sorry but even if james has sold some bad products and done bad business recently, he hasnt exactly done a runner and has offered to try and sort things out. and the fact that the thread in question WAS seen yet remained open even tho his address was publicly posted and there was threats of a convoy to the blokes house is disgusting. the whole team on here should be ashamed. if i was james i would have just taken that further. malicious threats made against someone including their kids.

you'll probz delete this i dont give a shit. club gone downhill in my estimation because of that. tara gotta say your being a lot nicer that i would be (this applies to the threatening people NOT the people who are talking normally)

thats my 2p and im entitled to it. adios.

Yes your entitled to an opinion but how was that at all relavent to what this thread was about. Like we've said a few times this thread is now a way of people who have bought things from CJP able to ask there questions and communicate like adults with Tara in getting to a fair solution. How in any way did your comment help the matter?

And also my friend it makes me laugh that its so easy to have a dig at the staff. Yes we do all we can to protect our traders but you've got to remember we also try and protect the members as well so in a situation like this were trying all we can to help both sides. But as your comment clearly proved we can't keep everybody happy

Now lets try to stay on topic please guys any beef you have with the staff please feel free to PM us were more than happy to have a chat :)

the only people who have the solution are james and tara. the only way they can give solutions is to allow people who need them to contact them, via this thread or pm

everyone needs to stop commenting before this thread gets locked, making it more difficult for the people who need solutions, to get them

hence why peoples comments are being hidden to keep the thread clean as possible. ill give it 10 minutes then ill go back through these all and hide them all aswell

Not been on here for a while and quite sad to hear about all this.

Tara could you just clear up for me if the coilovers will be sent out to everyone by post?

Thanks

Jamie

This is my only question, need these coilovers!!! :)