New Shell V-Power Fuel?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the plug and play ECU users though taggy?

I understand the stock ECU users as it wouldn't adjust to the higher octane and the piggyback setups like emanage as they would be specifically mapped to it. What about plug and plays!? I run the blitz access.. Maybe it will slightly adjust fuelling due to the Increase in octane?

What about the plug and play ECU users though taggy?

I understand the stock ECU users as it wouldn't adjust to the higher octane and the piggyback setups like emanage as they would be specifically mapped to it. What about plug and plays!? I run the blitz access.. Maybe it will slightly adjust fuelling due to the Increase in octane?

Tried Tesco 99 but my car only likes Vpower (Mine's ECU)

Edited by Amjad

1, Shell Nitro+ is 99RON so exactly the same as Vpower.

2, Normal Japanese fuel in japan is closer to 95Ron, they just have more options such as 99 and 102. It is only ADVISED you are to run starlets etc on 99+ the same as it is in a lot of UK cars such as Elises, a lot of high end VAG cars like GOlf GTis etc.

I've ran V power now for 2years.. Occasionally I've had to use Tesco Momentum as the shell is miles away... Didn't see much difference

Ran both, mine seems to run better on the tesco stuff. Get less knock then on v power.

Filled up with this new vpower earlier and I've noticed that the smell of the fumes out the screamer pipe smell slightly different dunno if it's just me though haha

Edited by Stefan_s

With my RX8, I noticed if i ran it on anything other than V-power it idles really ruff.

Since it's not a Road car any more i use V-power and octance booster. I've yet to use race fuel

Mine runs rough on anything but vpower too!

With my RX8, I noticed if i ran it on anything other than V-power it idles really ruff.

Since it's not a Road car any more i use V-power and octance booster. I've yet to use race fuel

Mine runs rough on anything but vpower too!

this

Edited by Patches

Our cars have knock sensors, so it can hear detonation and pull timing, thus reducing performance.

. Exactly that all cars will perform slightly better whatever the car as long as it has EFI, as he says most cars have a knock sensor listening for set, as soon as it picks it up it reduces the timing, 95ron will det before 97ron etc etc. So to a tiny degree it will improve performance as you can run a bigger ignition curve before det. Audi s3 reduces BHP depending on what fuel it has in it, an will measure it through knock sensors, fuel temp sensors an a whole load of other sensors lol

They have 100 octane fuel here I've used it many times!

It's at the shell or bp garage right next to Silverstone race circuit!

All the drifters use it and it's a normal petrol station and anyone can use 100 octane