• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jdm h22's come from factory with 220hp bolt on's and i think stage 1 or 2 cams and a tune my mates made 268bhp (fly)

K24's are a hybrid engine and the one in alvis's eg made 330hp but im not sure wha he had done to that.

I've got another mate finishing off a k24 on itb's build in his dc5 so will see what he makes once its tuned

This Is so stupid my car can beat this and this spec beats that's at the end of the day you don't no what your up against half the time if its standard or not and you don't no the drivers ability so can't compare out the factory gt is slower and worse in most category's bar looks IMO it just depends what you want if you want to spend loads on handling mods and then say its better than standard civic well obviously :/ if you spent that money on civic also then compare it would b a diffrent story this thread will go on and on and never get a winner IMO obvcourse

Civic will always handle better because of the adjustability of the chassis. I can see a B16/B18/K20 producing more power as well because the block is of a better design. They run closed deck blocks and wet liners.

I've owned a 250 bhp civic Type R ep3

458652_10151213059553556_1303489402_o.jp

280 bhp forged Glanza V

524985_442186452513426_175463096_n.jpg

and have many accesses to an Integra Type R b18

IMG_1048_zps62895995.jpg

the hondas are better round a corner in everyway the glanza was quicker in a straight line but not by a massive stride compared to the ep3,

the glanza had meister rs, plate diff, etc etc and when my civic had a broken gear box and no lsd it was massivly faster round corners at blyton ( was with the old owner of the glanza) but got onto the straights and i couldnt get past him as he edged away.... with the lsd and a gearbox that had all 6 gears it wouldnt of been a contest, lap for lap id of edged away from the cornering... michael ( last owner of glanza) tried my car and with in 3 laps said it was much better at handling than the glanza ever was, and spent the next week looking at buying a civic after spending stupid money forging his glanza,

as a few of you know the civic hit a wall at 80 ( great at handling on track crap when you clip the damp grass :/) so i brought the glanza as chris has always had the starlet so i thought id try one, as it was the right price at the right time, never got on with it. didnt handle any where near how i was used to but was nice trying out boost for a bit,

was going to sell it after about 2 months but someone decided to rear end me.... not mentioning no names CHRISSSS!!!

the teg is great at handling, the car is pretty much standard atm but had it around a few different tracks and always been impressed with it. the tyres are the worst I've ever tried tho ( pradas) so just got some yoko ad08s which should help lap times a fair bit,

people who moan about waiting for vtec need to learn how to drive, if your in the right gear you will be in vtec... if your stupid lazy and cant drive for sh*t then you wont be in vtec

im buying an ek soon for a track toy, i want another ep3 but i spent so much money on it id have to do the same to the next one and then more to make it better...

downside to the hondas if you need to grab them by the scuff off the neck and give them some abuse which on a track is fine. but on a road you cant use anywhere near the full cornering potential, where as a glanza is easier to throw a round a corner

if you want a car that can take corners with out stopping ......

you all just need to buy a Dave.....

IMG_2589_zps5751c633.jpg

Edited by Jack-CTR