dont rape me here but im torn between the two, i know a few of you have come from a civic background and landed here "all noise no power etc" but what is the pro's and con's of a glanza vs civc b16/b18

am i right in thinking that the civic shits all over the v handling wise on track and stuff ? because after seeing a few at japfest i loved the overrated vtec noise and saw a couple of V's on track but they just didnt look like they were keeping up except boxys (not having a dig and i left around2pm anyway so may have been more) the ones i saw on track looked good and sounded nice but just didnt seem up to it compared to the others but then again the other cars were bigger, if socks car for example went on track would that shit on majority of others or what ? i just arent getting it

before i keep digging (unintentionally) what is the sum up of these two because i think theres something im missing

helpful comments please, that means Rbz keep them witty banter comments of yours to yourself ;)

Edited by Joe20
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u kiddin? a V or GT set up right on coillys and half decent tyres and the civic would be raped. civics heavier than a V.

u change to vtak and ul regret it

it was a long day ;) so the little V's are good on track then ? i just always thought civics were better handling than V because of the stiff rear etc on the v

I dunno about raping a Civic, but in my 87.6bhp NA I was keeping up with an EP3 with a few mods at Donington lol. This was coilovers, ARBs, braces and road tyres

He obviously left me on the straights but after a lap or two he couldn't shake me, until I got too brave and went all DK spinning out LOL

But yeah, EPs can handle. I'm transferring my handling parts to my GT soon. LSD + lighter shell + better tyres and it should be quite the weapon.

Plus NA Civics are boring as fcuk IMO

Mate I've had the guts of 40 cars,saxo vts',2 ep3 type r civics,a glanza and 2 GTs,an s13 180sx which is RWD 2.0 turbo and a b16 converted civic...honestly....out of those the most fun by a long shot was the b16 civic. And that's my honest opinion over any type r etc I've had. But a well powered gt/glanza would eat and fucking shit one,£1000 of mods on a civic will do next to fuck all in comparison to a glanza.

Edited by Ep82jm

Im sick off seeing hondas everywhere, theyre getting boring. I think it would take alot a cash to keep a glanza or gt up with a ek9 on track. But then again I've never been on track before.

I was on track in my glanza at Japfest. She handled really nicely. I may not have looked amazingly fast, but i wasnt pushing it hard into the corners as it wasn't a race and didn't want to bin my pride and joy. On the straights though i was easily quicker than the Accord Type R, much faster than the B16 EK Civic and the EK9 seemed pretty slow lol. I'm only running CT9 at 1bar. 215bhp. These cars are about power to weight and on track will destroy a lot of cars.

Edited by smobey_sutton2

I was on track in my glanza at Japfest. She handled really nicely. I may not have looked amazingly fast, but i wasnt pushing it hard into the corners as it wasn't a race and didn't want to bin my pride and joy. On the straights thought i was easily quicker than the Accord Type R, much faster than the B16 EK Civic and the EK9 seemed pretty slow lol. I'm only running CT9 at 1bar. 215bhp. These cars are about power to weight and on track will destroy a lot of cars.

You made that EK9 look like it was going backwards....

There weren't many starlets on track this year... but there more then capable of showing a civic how its done!

Only when you boost a civic do they get interesting...

Cornering, I'm not gonna lie, even with coilies and a setup etc it's not the best handling car in the world mainly due to the rear suspension. But they are light and can be awesome fun. My DC2 would, quite honestly have dusted my V in the corners.

Straight line? Awesome lil beasties.

If you can slide a glanza around a round about side ways and come out the other side alive then you are a good driver.lol

Its not just how the car handles its down to how big your balls are and how much you dare push the car.

A few of my mates own glanzas/GT''s and they have come out in my glanza with me and they didnt realise how much they can be pushed without killing your self. They are a good handleing car you just have to show the little buggers whos boss :)

Be a hard choice if the glanza had decent handling mods at 1 bar and a eg civic on coilovers with say a cheap boosted d...i know id not want to stay N/A for long in a honda...get some cheap laughs and boost it.

D series engine are 50p and a kitkat from most places....

I've always liked honda's, the shape of the cars and the vtec sound.

But there just everywhere, and that's something which puts me off.

I bought my glanza due to you dont see them everywhere when your out.

Starlets can handle quite well, you just gotta have the balls. :thumbsup:

Im not sure this is a fair comparison or not but i raped two civics on Friday in the V at Blyton park. i pulled a 1,19.3 and the 1.6vti ran a 1,26 something and the 1.8 vtis ran a 1,27

i am running 250bhp so make of it what you will. just some fact and data

Ive owned both a Glanza & a Civic VTI (b16a2)

Vtec got boring quickly....

Handling was good, but the glanza was as good.... imo... I drove them both hard...

You've never drove hard socks!!

If I was to start again, civic all the way!

I've had two civics, i dont like to admit it though, EP2 and EJ8, only D series.

Handling wise, EK9s are decent standard, GTs and Vs arent when standard, but add coilovers, RARB, ALK, cage, brace fucking everything and get it set up right then youd have an awesome handling starlet that will out handle a few 'better' cars.

Its all about personal preference. I chose a GT to do a build on due to the fact that they are pretty rare, no rusty arches lol, most people will underestimate it and the tuning potential is limitless.

But if you chuck enough cash at a civic or a starlet then they will do exactly what you want them to do.

Up to you man.

A standard Glanza is about on par with a standard B16 Civic up to around 75mph where the Civic will start to pull away.

B series are good engines, D series slow unless boosted. You'll need to be running decent power to keep with a K swapped or B20 Civic.

Basically if you've got money to spend on tuning then a Glanza has more potential in the long run, unless you put a turbo on the Civic.

Handling wise Hondas are generally better, especially the Type R's, I don't care if you think you kept up with one on the track in your Starlet with some coilovers, that was down to the driver. The Starlet chassis is very very basic and they need a few upgrades before they handle as good as a Civic. Front double wishbone and fully independant rear suspension vs the Starlet's rear beam.

Brakes - Starlet brakes from my experience have been quite shit, most Hondas have 262mm front brakes as standard and are easily and cheaply upgraded to 282mm.

If you have plenty of money to spend tuning a 4EFTE and some spare change to throw at some coilovers/rear ARB/etc... then go for a Glanza, if you just want to do some basic mods - induction kit/exhaust/supension and leave it at that then get a Civic. I'd rather have a B18 Civic than a CT9 Glanza. Start talking TD04's and I'd quickly change my mind.

Edited by ste91

Civic is cheap reliable fun. Handle well out the box can make very good track weapons with very few mods

Starlets need an awful lot of suspension mods, brake upgrades and power mods to make them as good on track.

Just look at japfest. civics, integras and accord type R's were all munching up the corners and holding there own. Only things that were going quicker were some mental Rg evo that crazy loon in the colt gti and the Pro R scoob. But even one the the more track look eg's was giving that Pro R scoob a bit of a run.

I didnt see any starlets looking as quick in the corners unfortunately.

Imo unless you are actually entering race events though i dont know why you are bothered.

Do you have fun driving your car hard and fast? Thats all that should matter. If i wanted to get from a to b as quick as possible id have a Gtr lol

When i had a blip with Ryan Lang in his GT my EK9 was pulling away from him. Its all down to what you think is best nobody can decide that apart from you. You're on a starlet club forum ofcourse the majority are going to say buy a starlet! I wouldnt like to part with my V or my EK9 they're both awesome in different ways