• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White civic eg lsi, with XXR wheels and number plate saying LIOOOW ??

If so; my mate bought it, and we raised it straight the way with non stretched tyres/wheels. (It Had a b16 fitted)

No not that one a lad called simon owned that. It was a milano red one but all the stance civics get loads of hits maaaaaaaaan there just a set of damn wheels and your car scrapes on a fucking rizzla paper lol its boring.

I've just gone from glanza to a ek4 b18 turbo and (at the moment) i am not missing the glanza one bit.

Cornering wise i preferred the glanza but that could just be due to the poor tyres and bike width wheels.

They are quality engines ^, they held the most bhp/cylinder capacity for N/a motors for quite along time. Till the s2000 came out iirc.

I wish i had her rolling roaded, the thing would rev to 9200rpm with the Spoon ECU and she loved every minute of it! Tbh i prefered it more than my B18C, but im yet to have it tuned so we shall see!

I did have an eg coupe with a vti transplant, a very good engine no doubt, fuckin thing had a full custom straight through stainless with a bike can on the end, am yet to here a car as loud.

Edited by triple j

A guy i know with a EK9 reckons he makes 200 with bolt-ons, skunk2 inlet +TB, mugen mani, spoon exhaust, whale cock intake etc. Seems decent for a 1.6 N/a, plus with the OEM LSD its fuckin good in the corners, would take a few mods to make my GT go round corners like that.

Tbh i would quite like to get another civic one day, would have to be a coupe again but with like H22 or K24. Boosted.

With a good tdo4 and suspension setup also the balls to send her on in to the corners, the starlet will shit on every honda going and that folks is the truth.

Bullshit

Edited by Corey

Bullshit

And how do u find this bull shit, i shit on any honda that came near me b16/b18/k20s, am running a td04 mapped @1bar, probably best not try explain yourself u will just sound like more of a prick.

One of the problems is that as much as these cars may have similarities they are very different so actually putting them to the test against each other would be difficult when u go into depth if u spent x-amount on handling mods for say a gt then the same out on a civic I think the civic would still have the edge handling wise but u can get alot more bang for buck when tuning the engines with the same kinda money

Edited by pick1

Some people need to take there blinkers off sometimes.

Fact is a civic chassis is better. Theres no 2 ways about it. Mod for mod both cars on the same tyres with the same driver and same power to weight the civic will be the quicker car even with some power to weight in the starlets favour this would likely be true

Strap a turbo or charger and supportig mods to a civic and tune it you will see 300hp on a stock b16. Do this to a b18c4 which racetech have done and you can make 480hp (still stock bottom end)

Why aren't people using ep's in time attack? Yet theres a fair few honda's in there. Facts are facts unfortunately. Starlets aren't the best handling things out there

When i had a blip with Ryan Lang in his GT my EK9 was pulling away from him. Its all down to what you think is best nobody can decide that apart from you. You're on a starlet club forum ofcourse the majority are going to say buy a starlet! I wouldnt like to part with my V or my EK9 they're both awesome in different ways

this is true, but your civic was probably running more power than my GT at the time.

id have like to have seen the difference after i sorted the manifold, and also if i could build and hold solid boost. i know im going to be sticking up for my brum.

the only starlet that was worth watching at japfest this year had to pull out after 2 laps due to failure and no disrespect to taggy, but i didnt see any honda's limping off track all day. and that white accord was on every other session with no problems, and he was going balls out on every session and over taking everything infront of it that i saw

I do agree with the above comments I've never owned a civic alway had my gt amongst other things but I do agree that the Honda boys have a better handling car they seem wicked on track

And how do u find this bull shit, i shit on any honda that came near me b16/b18/k20s, am running a td04 mapped @1bar, probably best not try explain yourself u will just sound like more of a prick.

1 bar td04 faster then every honda out there lol you havent a clue. Heres a k20 teg from ireland would you say your 1 bar td04 would be faster? Your pushing around 220 bhp if even and you think thats enough to beat every honda out there you're mistaken bigtime.

1 bar td04 starlet is not the fastest car on the road.

Edited by Corey

1 bar td04 faster then every honda out there lol you havent a clue. Heres a k20 teg from ireland suppose would you say your 1 bar td04 would be faster? Your pushing around 220 bhp if even and you think thats enough to beat every honda out there you're mistaken bigtime.

1 bar td04 starlet is not the fastest car on the road.

Agree with you Corey, i own a 325bhp Glanza and a B18C EK9. If i was to take either one on track it would be the ek9. They were designed in japan and tested on the track by honda! However, drag racing would be a different story. Unless you have a boosted honda, but thats another debate :p

this is true, but your civic was probably running more power than my GT at the time.

id have like to have seen the difference after i sorted the manifold, and also if i could build and hold solid boost. i know im going to be sticking up for my brum.

the only starlet that was worth watching at japfest this year had to pull out after 2 laps due to failure and no disrespect to taggy, but i didnt see any honda's limping off track all day. and that white accord was on every other session with no problems, and he was going balls out on every session and over taking everything infront of it that i saw

It probably was running more power but only has about 125lb torque lol before i sold the car it was alot quicker than that too!

Just trying to be a bit impartial tbh. I have been around some seriously fast hondas that would destroy a of lot big spec Starlets. To say a 1 bar td04 would beat every honda out there is untrue imo.

Edited by Corey

Just trying to be a bit impartial tbh. I have been around some seriously fast hondas that would destroy a of lot big spec Starlets. To say a 1 bar td04 would beat every honda out there is untrue imo.

x2 my mates civic turbo blasts my glanza