Swapping my EP91 for a EP3, would you...?

I have been offered the chance to swap my Glanza for a nice black 2002 plate civic type R. It looks the business exterior standard but lowered with engine mods.

Will a type r be fun? It's a k20 6spd engine ;)

My V is a head turner shall I do this? Pros and Cons please...

Edited by Ep'd

You are right they are common I see too many too.

I think it's just that newish jap car feeling as in 6spd etc but I will be bored without turbo and my Glanza is cheap to run and tax

Any one ever owned a ep3 any inside info as to problems? Also opinions guys n girls ;)

Edited by Ep'd

Honda's are solid really..

But like socks said, there way too common. I see about 10 a day if I went for a drive.

The hole reason I got my glanza was because there was none kicking about at all.

You will miss your glanza after a week, I can promise you that.

There was a supercharged one that came screaming past us on the way back from japfest. Must be so awesome to drive that.

Normal EP3s are common as fuck, but i remember around 5 or 6 years ago absolutely everyone had Glanzas.

Up to you really.

Hard decision really I miss my gt like mad but would only want that one back if u was to go back, my integras great on track as that's where u get the most out of it.. On the road it's ok but I miss the turbo

depends what you want really mate.

glanza is cheaper to run, easier to work on, and tuneable more so being turbocharged. plus the rare factor also.

but the ep3 isnt slow by any means if u use the revs properly (on par id say with a 170-200bhp starlet). where the civic will come into its own is in the handling department.

totally different driving experience. and if you have deep enough pockets to supercharge or turbo the k20 it will eat any starlet

depends what you want really mate.

glanza is cheaper to run, easier to work on, and tuneable more so being turbocharged. plus the rare factor also.

but the ep3 isnt slow by any means if u use the revs properly (on par id say with a 170-200bhp starlet). where the civic will come into its own is in the handling department.

totally different driving experience. and if you have deep enough pockets to supercharge or turbo the k20 it will eat any starlet

But if you have a deep pocket for a starlet, then a starlet could easily be on par with a ep3 turbo/ supercharged one too. 8)

But if you have a deep pocket for a starlet, then a starlet could easily be on par with a ep3 turbo/ supercharged one too. 8)

When was the last time you saw a glanza GT in a big racing competition? Always see Honda civics. For potential if you have lots of money, a civic should be the top choice

dunno man u spend 5-6 odd thousand on an ep3 your looking at 400bhp+ reliably. easily enough to see off any starlet in my opinion but who knows.

Im driving my sisters ep3 type r just now while my cars getting its mot and i defo wouldnt swap my starlet for it. Its a comfy smooth drive, handles really well but its kinda boaty (standard suspension)

You have to rev the tits out the thing to make it move and even then it doesnt feel fast or half as fun as the starlet. You can be doing 70 and it feels like 20 in a starlet.

The uk ones can be pretty rusty as well, check the back arches for rust, seems to be pretty common.

I'd stick with the starlet unless your gonna get a JDM one with the LSD

this said ti all for me I'm afraid.

Phil.

Correct thats the difference. An ep3 will turn zero heads.

Unless its insanely loud but thats the wrong reason.

I like them but there a bit boring and common for me.

Yeah been driving all around today it's amazing I'd rather keep my V til it dies

Seen 7 type r's on the m6 today but they were turning around to look at the V

The V's a lil cutie