The heat we've been having recently has been making my GT unbearable to get in after work, stupidly hot gearknobs and steering wheels do not make driving a fun experience haha!

We should get some UKSO branded foil sun deflectors to put in our windscreens made up ;)

Started a new job today Sorting out injection and blow moulding machines. God damn it's like working in hell! Sooo hot!

Try working with injection moulding machines all the time! All running at 220* + some with ovens drying material at another 130* we've got 3 extractor fans blowing hot air out all the doors open fans for everyone and its shit boiling!

Nice in the winter though, still in t shirts :)

Edited by morgey

I just got back from turky on thursday, was mid 40's out there and harsh heat when the sun is above you in a clear sky allday. Was looking forward to good old coldish uk weather and have come back to a heat wave!!! Its horrid lol. Just too damn hot for the uk, mid 20's is where it should be for happy uk residents imo :)

Try working with injection moulding machines all the time! All running at 220* + some with ovens drying material at another 130* we've got 3 extractor fans blowing hot air out all the doors open fans for everyone and its shit boiling!

Nice in the winter though, still in t shirts :)

Where abouts is that not Leicester way is it?

There's a fair few machines here, pretty big and not much extraction lol. 25+ different machines easily lol! I'm not using the machines really at the moment I'm doing tool setting and changes etc getting the machines changed over for next mould set.

Edited by TurboTobz

Where abouts is that not Leicester way is it?

There's a fair few machines here, pretty big and not much extraction lol. 25+ different machines easily lol! I'm not using the machines really at the moment I'm doing tool setting and changes etc getting the machines changed over for next mould set.

Naa town called watton, small firm. Only got 10 or so normal size machines. Ranging from 25t to 220t i do a bit of everything here. Mould setting and programming QA checks on so parts. Im more interested in the tool making side which js where i spend most my time.

We've even got some really old manual machines they're older than me haha

How big is that place bet you've got some big ol machines there?

Naa town called watton, small firm. Only got 10 or so normal size machines. Ranging from 25t to 220t i do a bit of everything here. Mould setting and programming QA checks on so parts. Im more interested in the tool making side which js where i spend most my time.

We've even got some really old manual machines they're older than me haha

How big is that place bet you've got some big ol machines there?

Flambeau europlast, you may have heared of them, 8 USA and a few in Europe etc, I think the smallest are 160t demag autos biggest one at the moment is a 6 axis robot, I'm going to push to go over to maintenance they did want me to train on the robot for fault and maintenance originally.

At the moment I'm starting on tool setting and bits, changing moulds setting up water feeds/air feeds, and programming the machines, I'll just see where it takes me but I know they want me to learn injection and blow moulding machines.

They do bits for Bentley, land rover, mother care, think buckets, rs buckets, toolboxes, fishing decoys, duck calls, medical and soo much more lol.

It's not too bad, been struggling to find work in this area so at the moment in just happy to have a decent job! If needs be i'll use it as a stepping stone but I'll see how it pans out!

My uncle and step son went into business and started a similar company based in Leicester lol.

Am i the only one enjoying the weather???

It beats the hell out of our usual cold and wet weather i wish it stayed like this forever!

Edited by H_D

all of you stop whining... its 37 degrees plus humidity EVERY SINGLE DAY OF LIFE in trinidad... EVERY DAY... and night times sees a whopping 27 on a cool night so hush.... as he said press the button

Press the button..

ac-button-caroutlet.es_.jpg

lol

The weather is fucking amazing.

Typical Brits spend the whole winter moaning about the cold only to complain when you get a bit of heat.

Its only shit because we have to work in it. Tbh our weather is so shit we ahould get days off when its nice haha.

I think we deserve this tho winters recently have been horrific and the last few summers have consisted of about 3days of sun.

Edited by StuDoc 72

winters have been shit u say lol take this in ill show u what my last winter in canada was like and tell me the winters have been shit... i was going bonkers when i was in london 2 xmas's ago and the whole place shut down cuz of 2 inches of snow i was like wtf is going on here hahahahaah....

take in these pictures imagine going to sleep and just finishing shovelling the drive way and waking up this this shit

snow_wasaga_zps59d8798a.jpg

AllistonONsnow_zps2e49dee2.jpg

image_zpsf004492e.jpeg

Edited by rasslenny

Lol at the moment there a bit confused with what to do with it haha, it's been out of action all week hopefully be putting it into action on Thursday but depends if the machine shop fix something on it, i think it's just pumping out cylindrical bins but I'm sure once they get to grips with it it'll be pumping out some meaty shit