R35 gtr vs 325bhp glanza

Ill be happy to pit my 4wd starlet against a gtr :) should be tearing the tarmac up next month with some luck! As for this thread its about time people except there is a massive price and technology difference between these cars so stop given grief and start giving some starlet love! This glanza is savage end off!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time I ever had a drag race at an event was againset an r35 he did beat me but I was only about 3 car lengths behind him and im at 233.4 bhp. guy In the 35 was proper surprised how well i kept up so I can believe this video 100% burny's motor is an animal fair game mate :)

Everyone is missing the whole point....

The Effing Value aspect 70k Gtr and tbh even if it beat burny's starlet by 3 car lengths it's still a great achievement still only being a 1.3 engine against something of an engineering miracle the time and money that's goes into making a GTR is phenomenal and you have a little 1.3 that was just a car 2 pop round town in....

I'd be buzzing even to just keep near one and the look on his face PRICELESS

• 2 weeks later...

I was directed to this site by a friend and have read through the posts with much interest and amusement.

The GTR in the 'race' belongs to myself. A couple of things need clearing up I think:

- The car is a 2012 550bhp model, completely standard apart from a Y pipe, which does not increase power

- Upon the driver dropping his hand down, I did not accelerate because there was a car in his lane. I let him pull out for fear of him driving into the car in front, or worse still into the side of my car. Under acceleration he was quickly reeled back in, but with many stones being spat at the front of my car I backed off completely.

- Minutes later the driver was faced with the same situation, only this time I did not yield and he pulled out and followed behind me. I'm sure he will detail what the GTR did to the starlet if you ask him.

- I don't believe there is a single situation where a 320bhp starlet would be faster than a 550bhp GTR. Power to weight is a good thing but useless when you cant put it down on the road. A GTR will put all of its power down effortlessly every time in the wet or the dry. And even if a starlet could hang onto its coat tails near to 100mph (this would have to be from 50mph because a GTR would be doing 100mph before a starlet was doing 60 from a standing start), after 100mph where power to weight counts for less as drag takes over, the GTR would quickly disappear into the distance.

- In the drivers defence though he did seem like a nice guy and it is a very fast car. I was young myself once and it is easy to get carried away with what you think your car is quicker than. You never know what the other driver is doing though, what gear hes in, whether hes actually even trying or not. He was always going to get a bit of stick though for posting a video like that with a manipulated story line.

- I'd happily show him what a GTR does to a starlet some time in the future, but definitely not on the public road. I do not condone racing of any sort on the public road.

• 1 month later...

I was directed to this site by a friend and have read through the posts with much interest and amusement.

The GTR in the 'race' belongs to myself. A couple of things need clearing up I think:

- The car is a 2012 550bhp model, completely standard apart from a Y pipe, which does not increase power

- Upon the driver dropping his hand down, I did not accelerate because there was a car in his lane. I let him pull out for fear of him driving into the car in front, or worse still into the side of my car. Under acceleration he was quickly reeled back in, but with many stones being spat at the front of my car I backed off completely.

- Minutes later the driver was faced with the same situation, only this time I did not yield and he pulled out and followed behind me. I'm sure he will detail what the GTR did to the starlet if you ask him.

- I don't believe there is a single situation where a 320bhp starlet would be faster than a 550bhp GTR. Power to weight is a good thing but useless when you cant put it down on the road. A GTR will put all of its power down effortlessly every time in the wet or the dry. And even if a starlet could hang onto its coat tails near to 100mph (this would have to be from 50mph because a GTR would be doing 100mph before a starlet was doing 60 from a standing start), after 100mph where power to weight counts for less as drag takes over, the GTR would quickly disappear into the distance.

- In the drivers defence though he did seem like a nice guy and it is a very fast car. I was young myself once and it is easy to get carried away with what you think your car is quicker than. You never know what the other driver is doing though, what gear hes in, whether hes actually even trying or not. He was always going to get a bit of stick though for posting a video like that with a manipulated story line.

- I'd happily show him what a GTR does to a starlet some time in the future, but definitely not on the public road. I do not condone racing of any sort on the public road.

Nissan GTR - 550bhp w/1740kg = 316.09bhp/ton

Burnys Glanza V - 325bhp w/880kg = 369.32bhp/ton

The ONLY scenario where a Glanza would have a chance in a straight line is from a rolling start in 2nd gear... BHP/TON difference like that would easily put a gap between you and hold you off till 140-150mph. After that you'd reel the Starlet in...

Power to Weight is Everything in terms of acceleration, until you start reaching silly speeds. When power becomes a factor against wind resistence...

I believe aaddzz123 on here has a mate with a GTR and his car was exactly the same from 40mph to 140mph on the multiple pulls he did.

tbh tho, what I find funny is a car from the 90's that's worth 6k gave you a run for some fun.

GTR is a brand new supercar, with one of the fastest gearboxes and the best launch control on the market...

If you fancy a run down brunters, do let me know, Ill show you what a Starlet is capable of... :)

As it seems reading this you very much shrug off what a Starlet is capable of doing...

Tbh honest I'd chase ya in a 240bhp starlet just to try get u to nail it the noise from the gtr's is epic n one of my favourite cars.

Did a track day experience thing in one awsome motors

Edited by pick1

lol i want a GTR. if conditions were absolutely perfect for the starlet i.e dry, warm tyres, 2nd gear roll etc etc i would still back the 300+hp starlet up to around 120. saying that though i have driven a GTR once and its rapid. ah its just hard to say lol maybe the GTR would win anyways it is worth 15 times more lol who knows. get that dude to bring his GTR to a starlet meet just for the crack and have a few rolling starts against a few modified starlets just for the fun and see what happens.

you can calculate power to weight, grip, aerodynamics, gear change time, etc etc its like when top gear raced the mclaren F1 road car vs the veyron richard hammond said its just no use point calculating it all you will just have to wait and see what happens.

Edited by richglanzav

Not so much a mate but we did stop and chat for a few hours.... We had a play for about 10 miles and there honestly wasn't much in it. It was completely standard and my gt is running 242bhp. I was on my own and he had 3 people in the gtr... Not going to lie he did pull away a little. From say 40 to ehem120ehemmmmm he gained about 2 car lengths. So I have no doubt in saying a 340bhp glanza would pull away from a stock gtr lol. Like I say we talked for a good few hours and he was honest with me saying he had it planted and even took me out for a spin lol. Very nice cars. I love the gtr family. R32 gtr is actually my dream lol. But I've got to say, seems like you're a typical expensive car owner coming here to try redeem your manhood after being beaten by a poxy 1.3 shopping trolley :p. you win some, you lose some.

Still have it guys. Although yes i am contemplating selling up (for a 34 GTR) lol

Very tempted to whack a TD06 on my manifold along with a standalone ECU and bigger inlet though, then i will find out where this dude lives and throw out some flamage on his driveway and smoke him, literally smoke him too...