UKSO ON RIP OF BRITAIN BBC 1

Hello XXX, I was watching Rip Off Britain last night and my car (REG NO.) was featured. I'm worried that the use of my car could potentially harm my resale value as many people watch the show. Is there anyway you can compensate for what I deem to be a potential loss?

Cheers, Ben

^^ that's what I'd say, except my names Craig lol

Hello XXX, I was watching Rip Off Britain last night and my car (REG NO.) was featured. I'm worried that the use of my car could potentially harm my resale value as many people watch the show. Is there anyway you can compensate for what I deem to be a potential loss?

Cheers, Ben

^^ that's what I'd say, except my names Craig lol

That's not bad I will mock a email up after work

Do not forget to add that you was not and did not give permission for your vehicle to be used for the program

Found this online aswell:

HOWEVER - if you are filmed/videoed by a cameraman doing a show which will later be sold for profit and aired - they MUST obtain a signed "release" from each person that appears in the film/video.
That is why on many "reality" shows (e.g.: Cops - Repo Man - Bounty Hunter - etc.) you will see certain faces blurred out, or the names of businesses or license plates blurred out on the shots. These people did not consent to have their images or names appear.

I wouldn't jump into compensation straight away. I would mention that it has come to your attention that your car appeared on the program which u had not been made aware of. Apart from the fact that the car was used without notification and that its inclusion into the program could be seen to others that it was the car in question when in fact it was not.

Something like that first and see what they come back with before going in for potential loss of revenue regarding a potential sale etc

I wouldn't jump into compensation straight away. I would mention that it has come to your attention that your car appeared on the program which u had not been made aware of. Apart from the fact that the car was used without notification and that its inclusion into the program could be seen to others that it was the car in question when in fact it was not.

Something like that first and see what they come back with before going in for potential loss of revenue regarding a potential sale etc

That maybe better I'm not really fussed but worth a punt as does look like its my car there on about for a while

Exactly what i was about to say. Tough about them being non profit. The tv license pays for then to make tv shows its not owed by one person so isnt an actualy business. Also it is perfectly legal to film in a public place. Id contact comb and see what they stand on filming at the track for broadcast use is. As if bbc didnt have permission from comb then they will be in trouble and gives it more clout. If they did have permission from comb then you should have been informed surley in which case they are in as much trouble.

It's about a retard who spent 9 grand at a shitty tuning company for work that didn't get done. But luckily he got refunded some of the money. Now his car is back on his drive with pistons and rods in his passenger foot well.

The end.

Epic lol..

It's about a retard who spent 9 grand at a shitty tuning company for work that didn't get done. But luckily he got refunded some of the money. Now his car is back on his drive with pistons and rods in his passenger foot well.

The end.

I do wonder if that's because new ones are in the engine?

Makes me wonder if its always as black and white as they tell it

• 2 weeks later...