holy shit balls! what car to get?? becoming very difficult

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GTR would be bought right now ,but cant pay 40k for that atm LOL...... shame.. how much for your starlet :p

I actually had a look at one but they scare me as there only kool for a bout 1000 miles thow I hear??

yep you did indeed dude.. you not come across any?

the seat ibiza was the one I had my eye set on LOL.. there 1.4 super charger and ticks alot of boxes for me... but yes its not jap :(

have you seen the bocangrea ?? they look sick I think in white... 180bhp n all... hmmmmmm

19.jpg

would have to get a supra over a gt4 tbh....

the lines on this car anger me, looks like the designers let his kid go mental with a spirograph.

get this 1 off your list! wot bout a wee mitsi colt 1.5turbo?

The bocanegra is a 1.4 supercharged, and turbo charged. But they aren't that fast, terrible in fuel, chocolate diffs, poor quality dsg box that has electrical issues. Use oil like crazy and don't corner to well :) butty had one from new, lasted him 6 months before he traded it in.

Oh and get raped by my a GT on hybrid at 0.8 bar :)

The only good thing about them is launch control standard :)

I work for a vw dealership and as far as I can make out the bocanegra has the same engine as the polo gti and in all fairness there shit, MOST of them have been back for new engines because the pistons just arent strong enough to take the power. if your thinking of thrashing it about all the time then definatly swerve away from them and incase you didn't know the noise is all fake, they have installed a speaker in the dashboard to enhance the noise << this is on the polo so can't see the bocanegra being any different.

The golf gti on another hand, my friend has a 2.0l turbo mk5 gti and its an absolute animal, 300bhp DSG. They can be very nice cars but its just getting a good example, for 10k you can get an immaculate one.

Good luck though mate :)

what it look like? pics spec? 98?

Seems to be standard apart from wheels. Has optional splitter and yeah its a 98 spec. Ill post a pic up of the ad later. Or you on fb? Ill add you and tag you in it

null_zpsce085afe.png

Edited by scottyb

With that kind of moneys mate the car world is your oyster really my advice is see if u can get some test drives in some , skylines , Evo , etc etc to see what u enjoy drive and see if they fit your needs there are all kinda a well spec'd motors out there for that kind of dolla happy hunting lol

Well that's the Ibiza out the window....!!!

Yea a think starlet is a no no due to it'll be starting again and ave just sold mine so...

what about then a golf mk5 gti 2.0 turbo??

Any reviews on this by use peeps??

My mates got one, it's quick, comfy, refined, nice interior, but it's a little bit bland. I can't put my finger on it but it hasn't got the sparkle I like, a bit of mentallness every now and again! lol

Make for cracking dailies though.

I was thinking that, or a 6 MPS, they can become bloody monsters. Older style ones are epic sleepers too.

My mate has a 3 mps running 320 bhp and it's amazing! Especially with his screamer pipe.

But the mazda 6 mps are 4wd

Both are 2.3 turbo

Edited by Ep'd

Drink oil like an RX8 and have a habit of going pop by all accounts, however I've never owned one just going by the general consensus of my mates!

10k is a gooooood budget, I'd saim for something different and lairy if it's a project.

Going off my experience of VAG's, theyre all a bit dull. Even my mates Leon Cupra is uber boring considering it's spec.

spec-d-tuning-infiniti-g35-coupe-10.JPG

^ They can be picked up for 5k, and look epic with a lil work ;)

^^ drove one of these while i studied in canada and i got it solely on the sound of the exhaust... this car to me has the nicest tone of any car ive ever driven... it sounds like nothing else ive driven.... absolutely love this infinity

I've not regretted my 350z one bit, love it. they arent comparable to glanza, as the big 3.5 v6 don't give that power kick but they do pull well in any gear and speed and are smooth with it so you don't really notice what speed your actually doing.

bear in mind 2006 onwards and you have massive tax 480ish

i get 18mpg but only do short city driving, much better on open road and long trips.

I've owned my 350z since march 2010. It's had a lot spent on it and i haven't regretted it one bit. In terms of fuel, it drinks a bit but not a crazy amount and beware of modified engines running 400+ bhp as the stock internals are at their limit around that figure.

In terms of speed i can't stand people who say it's slow, etc. .... slow compared to what?... an evo 8 fq??!! Go home. There will always be a faster car on the road and if that's what a person is worried about get a grand drag car and stick them the V's!!

Just tonight i had a brand spanker m3 playing with me and whilst visibly faster he kept edging me he simply didn't have the road or power to overtake. When you get to certain power on the road there really isn't anything in it. That's just my 2 cents ofc. Good luck with whatever you decide to buy!! You can have my zed if i can find a 1968 datsun gtr! :)