MIKEY4410 1998 STARLET SPORTIF TURBO--rear cambered terror------

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Went out for a sprited drive tonight.

Probably 6/10 going for it and car performed real well.

oil temp went up to 100 degrees and stopped.

water temp went to 99 degrees and stopped there also.

I kicked the crap outa the brakes, they stank real bad but NEVER faded and when I got out and checked them they wwre GLOWING BRIGHT ORANGE lol.

only problem I have is that sometimes under hard load going from 1st to 2nd it wont go in.

my mate said its the syncro mesh ?

Other than that I cant say anything other than positive. Well happy.

update......

my mate works at a honda dealership selling cars and managed to get hold of a "superguard" treatment for nothing which they charge around £250 extra for when selling a car.It guarantees the paint protection for three years !!!!!!

20141102_1549270_zps173c410c.jpg

update......

my mate works at a honda dealership selling cars and managed to get hold of a "superguard" treatment for nothing which they charge around £250 extra for when selling a car.It guarantees the paint protection for three years !!!!!!

20141102_1549270_zps173c410c.jpg

I got bucket loada of supergaurd and autoglym lifeshine our work use to use it aswell, only cost £40 for full kit lol

A lad that used to work for me paid £900 for this to be done to his brand new Astra. The sales mans pitch was he would never need to wash the car for 3 years! Any time it rained the dirt would just run off! Almost cryed with laughter when ha told me! It did bead quite nicely not as good as high end waxes and polishes but can't argu if u can get it free or mates rates

• 1 month later...

Ok so yes.......I am going back to a td04 ......I loved the hybrid and its a brilliant all round turbo.it was everything I hoped it to be and a little more to be honest.........but as a few of you guys know I GET BORED EASILY and like to tinker etc etc.

I have made the desicion to KEEP the ct9 external zisco manifold and I have bought and adaptor to allow for this.

i managed to get PURE COPPER 1.6MM td04 gaskets for 20quid used (cost quite a bit new im told)

I have a td04 and have also yet to collect a td04 decat of me mate. also this time WILL be running water lines and doing it properly.

20141223_210754_zpsa8df9fff.jpg

Edited by mikey4410