Pothole destroyed one of my tyres, what to do?

Well, I hit a pothole on my way home from work Monday, was flat on Tuesday morning, finally got to have a look at it today and this is what I found

null_zpscc929aae.jpg

Ive heard bits and bobs about claiming off of the local council, does anyone on here know the law/rules on this?

If so, how do I go about it?

Cheers!

I've known a few people trying to get money off the council for damage due to pot holes. Aparantly they just make it a nightmare n make u go round In Circles till you give up. different councils might be better for it tho I supose

Thought itd be a massive pain in the arse, I'll send em some pics of it anyway, at least hopefully then they'll fix the ducking hole!

Luckily I haven't got the rears on so I had a spare tyre at home.

And yeah the wheel needed 50g weights to balance it after this, dunno why we pay car tax sometimes....

The pot hole needs to be marked to claim it back. There is certain criteria which still needs to be met. If the wheels have been changed from the manufacturers specifications they must have the same dimensions.

So if your car came standard with 15 inch wheels and 50mm tyre profile, you need to have the same spec wheels for them to pay out.

My dad successfully claims for an IS200 wheel, completely standard though.