Cammys Red Glanza Rep Rest in piece!

So tiny update on this it is MOT time on saturday but it should pass hopefully as January is a very long month! Also had a little accident on the way to work this morning went round a corner that was sheet ice bounced over the curb and one wheel ended up in the ditch managed to reverse out everything seems okay cosmetic wise apart from mud and it still drives the same but i will inspect the damage done to the underside when it is up on the ramps on saturday and hopefully all is good! :thumbsup:

999BAE58-3F08-4292-BB37-DFD795C7C625_zps

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Little update here! Got a couple of piccys of parts I've had lying about for a while don't think i have ever mentioned them yet!

F05E8D6F-9AA9-41FF-A5FE-9413313D2AFB_zps

First bit is a genuine duck spoiler rattle canned black by somebody can still see where it was 1ao underneath which is a real shame but hey ho! No pictures unwrapped because it really ain't very pretty

AA5F891E-E02A-4EBA-A963-8427927F0906_zps

Also have a Glanza inlet manifold which a friend kindly painted red with industrial CAT paint at his work for free which is a bonus

5B5F6578-2BBF-4D64-9041-4BA9EDCC8C6F_zps

And here is a picture of the engine bay in all it's dirty grimy glory! Definitely not the prettiest or clean part of this car it really needs a good scrub gave it a little one today but it needs more attention.

Unfortunately I'm never going to fit the inlet manifold or the duck tail spoiler to this car :( the starlet in recent weeks has really lost it's spark for me, i used to love it and never really minded it only being a 1.3 and slow but now in the last couple weeks I've wanted more power, so i have decided that this year i want another car something more powerful but i still love the Starlet so obvious choice would be a Glanza? I wish i had the money to afford one! Plus saving up for my own place and if i had a Glanza it would chew away at that money big time, so i was thinking along the lines of a Corolla T-sport maybe i still have to decide but i will always want to own a Glanza so i will still be on here :-)

T sports will also chew funds mate! Shame too see your selling up bud is a lovely car

Through fuel probably but I would just modify the Glanza alot compared to a Corrolla, not selling up yet might just be in a strop with the car for a wee while who knows! Still buying things for it though haha so the love is not truly gone

• 4 weeks later...

I hate winter my front bumper is all chipped and now has paint defects, my scoop is cracked and now my drivers door lock is seized and will not budge and she is dirty inside and out :sad: will need to give her a good tidy if trhe sun ever does come out get her looking good again, slowly creeping up on 60k so it is service time all before i drive her to Ireland to meet the girlfriends family, it's all fun and games :p Went to Fyvie castle at the weekend still looks pretty for the camera

4C60549E-1BE1-45C1-B4AC-40772941289F_zps

F17914EE-3A8C-4BF3-B999-33E275E72B13_zps

7001D37A-88FE-4E3C-A7CC-3AA6DF4CBBF7_zps

Edited by Cammy R

A wee squirt of wd40 into the locks as soon as the cold weather starts, displaces the water and stops them freezing/seizing up, had this problem with my 306 and that cured it :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So on the weekend my poor wee Starlet got reversed into by the Girlfriends neighbor in his Tiguan cracking the paint in a couple places scuffing the bumper and pushing it in.

D40E3E30-BB43-4B67-BB0A-A9B579C9CB64_zps

:sad: on the plus side he came and told me and offered to pay for it so i have to go get an estimate for the bumper to get sprayed which is not too bad as it's damaged in other places too!

59DBB395-34BA-44B0-8E61-F66B0BBDE10F_zps

BB8B1B90-1627-41F1-A80A-09E2D24EC2EF_zps

Now i just need to work out how to get to work without my car or find a really cheap Glanza bumper for when it gets sprayed. Not having much luck with my paintwork at all :cray: