Boy Racer hew....

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking of the classic pacman eating "boyracer"

Just another sticker though.... Unfortunate stickers put you in the scene lol

Put a recent pick of your car up front and back mate I wanna see what they're talkin about

Was thinking of the classic pacman eating "boyracer"

Put a recent pick of your car up front and back mate I wanna see what they're talkin about

A sticker?

yes thats going to help, Hey they im not longer a boyracer, and a Sc3n3 chav :)

All the same.

No stickers, no strange colours, no strange bodywork, thats the way to go (if you really want to look like a car enthusiast)

Phil

A sticker?

yes thats going to help, Hey they im not longer a boyracer, and a Sc3n3 chav :)

All the same.

No stickers, no strange colours, no strange bodywork, thats the way to go (if you really want to look like a car enthusiast)

Phil

I don't agree with that phill the while idea for me of modifying your pride and joy is to put your own stamp on it and make it look drive like u want it to the scene itself would be very boring if everything was generically the same and people stopped doing stuff that is different to the norm

Fuck me, I must look like a right cunt if having a lairy body kit and stickers makes one a boy racer!

Bollocks to that, I know of no other car that looks like mine and I love it! Fuck what these clueless people say.....

I don't agree with that phill the while idea for me of modifying your pride and joy is to put your own stamp on it and make it look drive like u want it to the scene itself would be very boring if everything was generically the same and people stopped doing stuff that is different to the norm

I agree with you to it doesn't have to be a sticker, to me I'm a Jam enthusiast without my bodykit I would lose all interest I reckon, driving around in any sort of stock car wouldn't excite me enough I would need some sort of wheel change or upgrade it's definately clueless and arrogant people talking shite.

It was my mates car...he has peeled most of them off now lol to try and leave the "boyracer" look! Next time I hear boyracer there getting called a cunt lol

Fuck me, I must look like a right cunt if having a lairy body kit and stickers makes one a boy racer! Bollocks to that, I know of no other car that looks like mine and I love it! Fuck what these clueless people say.....

People that moan about so called boy racers are either 1. Old 2. Bullied geeks 3. Jealous

I agree loud and larey ftw

I agree with you to it doesn't have to be a sticker, to me I'm a Jam enthusiast without my bodykit I would lose all interest I reckon, driving around in any sort of stock car wouldn't excite me enough I would need some sort of wheel change or upgrade it's definately clueless and arrogant people talking shite.

I did qualify my remarks with 'if you want to look like a car enthusiast' since someone did say thats how they wanted to be considered.

Wheel change, power upgrades, suspension upgrades, are all accepted in car enthusiast circles.

Stickers/bodykits/missmatched bonnet colours are generally not.

Im not saying that this is what you should do if you wanna be a JAM man or a TOMs man or a JDM tuner.

Just if you want to minimise the volume of people looking to insult your taste/car.

If everyones car on here or TGTT looked the same it would be boring.

but for example @browner has a White 95 gt for sale now that looks like a car enthusiasts car.

Its different by being clean and original looking. thats cool to me.

Phil

Edited by Philm

One of the main reasons I hate driving my car because I get called boy racer, I get old people chatting shit saying slow down etc when I'm driving the limit and people ask me if I goin down car park and bollocks at night, I use my car to go work and back so pisses me right off being called a boy racer

It's because you drive a hatchback, plus you have a bonnet scoop so hence why people will associate it to boy racers :p don't worry we all get it, my cousin still assumes I drive like those peeps in fast and furious and asks do I still street race.... Sigh.... Some family don't understand why I don't drive a sensible car lol I got mine because it was unique and one of a kind back then, a guy even came up to me and said is that an import corsa.... Yeah.... Funny times

Edited by shelly_star
  • 2 weeks later...

I get treated like a right idiot on the roads local to me, most likely due to the bright colour & bonnet vent, I had a civic type r ep3 for a bit last year at the same time as my starlet & the difference in the way other road users treated me depending which I was driving was massive!

I get treated like a right idiot on the roads local to me, most likely due to the bright colour & bonnet vent, I had a civic type r ep3 for a bit last year at the same time as my starlet & the difference in the way other road users treated me depending which I was driving was massive!

What was the difference? I find that people in unmodified cars always pester me try overtake etc