So the waits near over! Tomorrow the new exhaust goes on. Going to try and get the most slant I can and hopefully get a photo and video up tomorrow evening of it.

Today is gonna be a clean up day too, finally getting round to wet vaccing the starlet mats and recaros to have my boo all shiny and smell free, cause the recaros smell like a cow shed hahaha.

Progress, finallllllly!

Also I'm fairly sure my Valentine's Day present is gonna be another new engine build part :D

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really an update, just think it's a funny story haha.

The wires that are meant to go to my side repeater decided to fall down tonight! I was filling up petrol and noticed a wire hanging out over my front passenger wheel...

Luckily a healthy amount of duct tape had it fixed.

No other real updates yet. Apart from the exhaust sounding so mint. :D

Sounds good beth

thank you!

lol how random! glad it was an easy fix though B!

Phil.

yup! you should have seen me flat on my back in a dark car park with my phone in my mouth trying to aim the torch behind the wheel so I could duct tape it to the other wires hahaha. If anyone had of driven past it would have looked dodgy as frig.

Nice updates Beth, just had a good read through this. Changed alot since I seen her back in September!

Yup! Hopefully a lot more change to come still! thanks pal :)

Waa really! Have you still got it!?!?! Ill buy!!

hahaha yeah I had it for years on my yaris too :p Its not mine to sell unfortunately! It's my boyfriends and he's a bit of a hoarder and tends to hold on to things just in case he needs them in the future again. Sorry!

Yeah so we did a bit of snooping and found out some pretty worrying things haha.
I heard dripping in my door when it rained the other day so I knew water was getting in, didn't realize how badly. Passenger side door was damp all inside, seal on both windows is completely gone.

Drivers side door, more worryingly, is damp but not inside the door, just in behind the door card. The worrying bit is, we have no idea how its getting in, and not getting into the hollow door bit itself. We think it might be the rubber seal down towards the wheel, but honestly we've no idea. Again, worrying cause we don't know if just getting new doors, which I'm doing anyway, will fix it. It explains the bad rust on the passenger door anyway, as its clear its been rotting from the inside out. Thankfully an easy fix.

ALSO passenger mat was damp. Possibly from a coke spillage, possibly heater matrix. FUCK. so I'm going to keep an eye on that.

ALSO ALSO :( haha my bonnet has been catching on my bumper when I shut it, so has scratched the fucking paint. Luckily its small enough we can touch it in. Basically today was a day of doing shit jobs we didn't want to do and discovering all the little things that need fixed. Luckily it's all easy fixed, as long as the dampness was a spillage and not the heater matrix. So I'm keeping an eye out for that.

Good news is Joel got a really pretty manifold and his engine bay got primed. And he got me a turbo loom for valentines day. More engine rebuild parts, yaaas.

Up and down kinda day hahaha

Edited by bdohohh

So some positive news! After doors are sourced, next small update is rear lights! Gonna stick a set of '98 clear bubble lights on. Was a toss up between the red and clear as Joel has a set of each but decided clear would look better on mine since the front indicators are clear too.

Can't wait to see the rear end finished!

You might know this already but there should be a plastic sheet with a sticky seal behind the doorcard.

Water is suppose to go on that side of the door, just make sure the plastic is not ripped and sealed all the way round. Also the holes at the bottom of the door should be clear allowing the water to drain out

Great progress!

Edited by 5T4R7ET N/A

On the passenger side the water was inside the door, past the plastic bit but no rips in it! It's been rotting the door from inside out as there's a bad rust patch on the outside.

On the drivers side it's not got past the plastic but it's caused a damp mould style build up along the cardboard type stuff which is leading to condensation in the car.

Thanks!