• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the passenger side the water was inside the door, past the plastic bit but no rips in it! It's been rotting the door from inside out as there's a bad rust patch on the outside. On the drivers side it's not got past the plastic but it's caused a damp mould style build up along the cardboard type stuff which is leading to condensation in the car. Thanks!

Just make sure the holes at the bottom of the door are clear allowing the water to drain out. I hosed my door from the inside to get all the dirt out and cleared the holes plus you can see where water is not draining out.

The plastic is important because as the water drips from the top of the door it splashes all over the place, so try and get something in there.

You don't what the new door cards getting ruined

Good luck hope it all goes well

Edited by 5T4R7ET N/A

Mint

thanks so much pal! :)

Just make sure the holes at the bottom of the door are clear allowing the water to drain out. I hosed my door from the inside to get all the dirt out and cleared the holes plus you can see where water is not draining out.

The plastic is important because as the water drips from the top of the door it splashes all over the place, so try and get something in there.

You don't what the new door cards getting ruined

Good luck hope it all goes well

yeah we've stuck a load of wd40 in to see if that helps haha, typical solution to all my problems. If duck tape can't fix it, wd40 probably can :p

just gonna keep it monitored and see if we can figure out where the water is getting in from on the driver side.

Haha unfortunately I don't think I'm getting her out!

You can't really see it but there's quite a large pile of snow right in front of her. And I live on a steep hill. Haha would love to get out and do some handbrakes but it ain't happening!

Ok so this might be ridiculous but I'm curious, anyone else get a LOAD of wheel spin? Or is there something up with my tires...
The tread looks fine and dandy to me and the wheel alignment should be ok, maybe the tiniest bit off but nothing too big..
But seriously, every time I try and take off with any kind of pace, like say to make a smallish gap in traffic so you'd put the foot down a little, not too much, I just get wheelspin for days and I have to ease way off and have ended up blocking traffic.
Keep in mind I've been driving near four years, and never had this before in the starlet or yaris, so it's not just me being a dick :p

so yeah, are these little beasts just bad for wheel spin or could this be a problem somewhere else?

I had this problem a few years back in mine B, even before it was converted.

Rainsport 1s on the Speedlines, plenty of tread, couldnt figure it out, thought the clutch was dying or something.

Turned out that although i had plenty of tread, the tires had covered so many miles that they had just turned rock solid without wearing away the tread. Two solid lumps of un-yielding rubber.

Could be something similar with your tires.

Phil.

have you got summer tyres on and its snowwy out? Most normal tyres have a major drop in performance under 7 degrees so probably that

They're summer tyres yeah, and atm its very cold and icy, but they've been doing this for at least a month, and we had quite a warm december. They seem to actually be worse when its dry than when the roads are wet as well, but that might just be because I don't expect it at all when its dry..

Best excuse for having a heavy foot I've ever heard!

LOL "I swear officer, its not me, its the car!"

Hahaha no I promise its actually not me though! Joel will vouch for me, I'm a fairly cautious driver (if he doesn't agree with me on this, he's in the bad books for at least a week)

I had this problem a few years back in mine B, even before it was converted.

Rainsport 1s on the Speedlines, plenty of tread, couldnt figure it out, thought the clutch was dying or something.

Turned out that although i had plenty of tread, the tires had covered so many miles that they had just turned rock solid without wearing away the tread. Two solid lumps of un-yielding rubber.

Could be something similar with your tires.

Phil.

Really? I didn't even realise that could be a thing wow. I'll get Joel to check them and let him know about this cause he knows infinitely more about tyres, hopefully he'll be home on friday and I'll be down at the garage working on my engine anyway, so unless he has plans for red ranger he can maybe have a look at my tyres.

I swear I don't ask for much from him :angel:

Mine also does this got loads of tread as well! :)

maybe this is just a thing, maybe starlets are just torque power houses? hahaha

getting back into good weather now, so I ordered a ton of cleaning products from 50 cal detailing!

Also gonna order some nice new autobrite snowfoam today to compliment it all.

Hopefully get her all cleaned up soon!

Been reading the 50Cal reviews on Autolifers, seems like good gear. Your man PMG Autocare/Detailing in Ballyclare has been trialing it with them and is getting good results.

Be good to know how you get on with it too B, if its any good I'll convert myself and support a local business venture!

Phil.

Been reading the 50Cal reviews on Autolifers, seems like good gear. Your man PMG Autocare/Detailing in Ballyclare has been trialing it with them and is getting good results.

Be good to know how you get on with it too B, if its any good I'll convert myself and support a local business venture!

Phil.

I've used their air freshners and they're amazing! I ordered tyre dressing, interior cleaner, glass cleaner and detailer just to test out. Was tempted to get some polish and wax but didn't have the funds last night! Joel's a die hard autobrite man so may be hard to convert but I need my own stuff!