• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now its getting sunny i bey your glad you have a lush looking car to enjoy in the sun, its getting sunny by me now and my car looks like a peice of shit lmao

It's glorious having a car I love so much in this weather haha. Especially since my wheels look their best in the sun! I went for near four years hating the look of my old car haha. It almost makes it nicer when you end up with a car you love though!

It's glorious having a car I love so much in this weather haha. Especially since my wheels look their best in the sun! I went for near four years hating the look of my old car haha. It almost makes it nicer when you end up with a car you love though!

Thats very true i love my car just cant really enjoy it yet, but i just think of what its gunna look like and i get excited lol

Took her up to local drag day, didn't go on the strip cause I don't trust her to survive that haha but she got a lot of looks like a lot haha.

A lot of people went around looking quite confused which is what I want Even though I think it's still very clearly a starlet but it was a nice ego boost

Also, taking her to the drag strip and watching my boyfriend tearing his car up and down has made me super jealous. I'll probably not have her ready for any of the drag days this season which is so annoying. I don't even care about the time I just want to let her out of her cage! Plus it would be interesting to get a 1/2 mile time now and another with the turbo engine in, to see how much of a difference it makes in top speed and acceleration.

I'm super tempted to book into the next one and send her up it once maybe twice just to get a taste for it, but I know deep down thats probably not a good idea since anytime I go hard, over about 4k rpm, i just get tonnes of blue smoke, and she's still burning through her oil for no known reason...

plus side, Joel got me ANOTHER turbo part :L He actually cannot help himself. ep82 inlet manifold, tick!

Edited by bdohohh

Took her up to local drag day, didn't go on the strip cause I don't trust her to survive that haha but she got a lot of looks like a lot haha.

A lot of people went around looking quite confused which is what I want Even though I think it's still very clearly a starlet but it was a nice ego boost

You're starlet is beautiful so not surprised! And no one at work doesn't even know what a starlet is:D Edited by Walker96

mine was using quite a bit of oil there, tho didn't seem to be smoking much and there's no leaks, a wee drop of redex oil treatment seemed to cure it. might be worth a try

You're starlet is beautiful so not surprised! And no one at work doesn't even know what a starlet is:D

Thanks! Yeah a friend of mine asked if it was a corolla the other day... But he's more useless than most so that's an exception! Haha

mine was using quite a bit of oil there, tho didn't seem to be smoking much and there's no leaks, a wee drop of redex oil treatment seemed to cure it. might be worth a try

She's living off additive at the moment :p every three or so weeks when the oil runs down completely I fill it up half with oil and half with treatment because otherwise it runs down in much less time.

So the car is costing me a lot of money to keep alive until the new engine is built :'(

Ok so change of plans.. I'm sure she's not going to last long. She's always been a bit weird on the revs when I'm sitting still but this morning she cut out. And kept trying to cut out if I wasn't holding the revs at like 1100.

Sooo in order to rebuild quicker were going to build a normal na engjne, still use the ct9 turbo but not use glanza internals except for rods. And only run it at 150-160 bhp. So this could now be happening much sooner....

Ok so change of plans.. I'm sure she's not going to last long. She's always been a bit weird on the revs when I'm sitting still but this morning she cut out. And kept trying to cut out if I wasn't holding the revs at like 1100.

Sooo in order to rebuild quicker were going to build a normal na engjne, still use the ct9 turbo but not use glanza internals except for rods. And only run it at 150-160 bhp. So this could now be happening much sooner....

I've got an N/A TB with all the sensors etc attached sitting here doing nothing if you want it, came off my car last week and she always idled fine with it. Could at least rule out an ICV problem before you change your plans radically. Yours for the cost of postage if it's any use to you :)

I've got an N/A TB with all the sensors etc attached sitting here doing nothing if you want it, came off my car last week and she always idled fine with it. Could at least rule out an ICV problem before you change your plans radically. Yours for the cost of postage if it's any use to you :)

Wow thanks a lot!! I dunno if I need it I'll talk to Joel when he's home tomorrow and see if he thinks it would help cause I've no clue why it's doing it..

Either way I think we're sticking with the na turbo mix idea now as its a lot cheaper and quicker and I can still run max 180 bhp, probably keep it around 160 just in case. That's more than enough for me to start with!

On to the biggest problem at hand right now, will she turn over now??

Reading this makes me miss my SR! :-(

Looks sweet with the wings and front splitter!

Thanks! I love how it looks :)

She started first time? Lol

hahaha yup! I was expecting her to just not start after her hissy fit on the motorway this morning but nope, first time no problem!

so new plan is finalised! I can't cope with this engine any more and I can't afford the oil its going through so, same basic idea just slight change in method. Already have some glanza rods and pistons sorted, just get a gasket kit sorted then rebuild the spare engine so I have a shiny new n/a to stick in within a month or two, that's ready to be turbo'd.

Then hopefully in august when my insurance is due for renewal, depending on insurance prices, will stick the ct9 and all turbo parts in over a week or so, remap and run I'm hoping around 170 bhp. Don't want to push too high with standard internals etc but im thinking 160-170 will be ok.

once my current shitbox engine is out will probably start stripping it all down and replace absolutely everything. might go nuts and forge and td04 it or something, but thats just a dream and will be done very slowly over a number of years. or might just rebuild it as another n/a incase of emergency with the turbo engine.

either that or just sell the whore and buy a bike.

Good luck with what ever route you take! Either way you have to sort something out :) i think its a good idea to just build this new engine as an n.a for now as ull be spending the price of a brand new fully forged 10 zillion horse power engine on oil lol

Good luck with what ever route you take! Either way you have to sort something out :) i think its a good idea to just build this new engine as an n.a for now as ull be spending the price of a brand new fully forged 10 zillion horse power engine on oil lol

So far I've spent enough money on oil I could have turbo'd about seventeen engines. This way is a lot cheaper and quicker and I'll still be getting similar power and a turbo. So it doesn't have many downsides really.

She's dying a quick painful death now, just to be inconvenient. With additive she's used 3/4 of a tank of oil in a week exactly.

So plans are being rushed now. Me and Joel are going away next weekend but the weekend after we're going to finish stripping the new engine and then maybe the weekend after that build it again with the turbo rods.

Quite excited to finally have a nice engine, might even get to do some drag racing if I can get the run in miles done before the season is finished!