Hi all,

I'm pretty wound up to be honest and it's something which has always bugged me. It's regarding racism and people who take the piss out of religions because there bored or want to show of in front of there friends. For example, a fellow member of UKSO taking the piss by putting Mohammed as his second name on Facebook. Sorry but am I the only one who doesn't find it amusing? I don't see what's funny :/. It's pretty annoying because let's be honest every religion has extremists and they do various things which are wrong but what have I or other Muslims done to you? Because by you slagging Muslims or Christians of on Facebook your not going to actually achieve anything are you? The people who are out there killing people aren't going to look at your Facebook status because at the end of the day the people that are going to see it are the people who have nothing to do with it.

It's like that lad who knocked them people over at that car meet down South if I remember correctly. Just because of one persons mistake that drove a modified car and hit a load of people doesn't mean the rest of the people are like that person doing wheel spins in car parks and hand break skids etc etc.

My point is I don't believe it's right that people around the world are called various names and sworn at because of what one person or what a bunch of people around the world have done or are currently doing... Like the lad Sam Mason, who killed the cyclist by accident (was he driving his Starlet I'm not entirely sure) but what if everyone out there who had heard turned around and said "All Starlet owners are idiots, driving around racing and killing innocent people

Rant over

Ahhhhhh

Aamir :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aamir dont take this offensive what i am about to say !!!!

the fact is most of us white/red people are just sick of neading to help out those who kill them selves in the religion war !!!

like in the far east / then they bring there crap to our door by bombing our people and killing our relatives on planes etc et

i think its gone far enough just let them do there part over there and we will do our own over ere and obey the lay and live in piece , because by the looks of it there never will be any over there

and no i am not a racist !!!! my uncle is a Nigerian

rant over

Edited by 5e colin

100% agree with you on this bud, I hate racism and have no time for idiots that think its 'good crack' making fun of people who are from different religion or race as themselves. if someone wants to dislike me, I hope is got nothing to do with my religion or race..

Eamonn

no theres no need but its something that whilst the media are ranting on about extremist muslims 'some' people are going to click onto the closest thing they can that being the non extremists. Then when you hear about these things happening over here, e.g the muslim school plot thing in birmingham, again focused on by the media thats going to create racial hatred and this stuff will happen.

one day it will change to the next religious group and the extremist muslims will become extremist jews or something!

Angry Aamir haha :p.

I understand what you're saying and I think there are a few reasons why there is such racism aimed at Muslims. I think the media plays a huge part as they feed us whatever crap they want. It wouldn't surprise me if news was published about someone littering because they were a Muslim or it hit the headlines because a Muslim farted in public or something... Whatever news is ever published about Muslims seems to be bad and it paints a picture for gullible people who just hear and believe everything they're told without interpreting it for themselves. As you said everyone is different....

I can get on with anyone. I have a range of different friends and don't discriminate at all. It's nice to have friends from different cultures. However from the way it's published it seems to be most people in this country believe that not every Muslim is a terrorist but every terrorist is a Muslim... We're always told in the news about how a Muslim man did this and did that etc which usually involves a brit on the worse hand so naturally I guess it gets to some people...

That's just news for you. Should get rid of bias publishing but nothing you can do about it when it's the government that controls it lol. Chin up I guess. It used to be black people back in the day and i'm sure each race will have their hard time in due course haha :)!

^^^ its true what you say any islam news we get is always bad that influences the mind !!!!

i think al religion should take a 10 year break and come to peace then ban all that religion crap forever . i dont believe in ( jesus . god . alla , or hindoisem , judaisme chinese religion ) or the likes its just aal fantasy in the mind controling peeps

Half the problem is people taking offence by what's said. If someone disagrees with your religion, colour, sex, creed sexual orientation etc then that is their problem. Its pretty egotistical to think everyone should agree with you on everything you stand for.

People out here take the piss out of me for being Irish, its potato this and alcoholic that. I don't care. Take it with a grain of salt and go back to your life. IMO any religion is ridiculous and the base of the majority of not all wars, and from the way of the world now, the Muslim faith seem to be the most extreme/pissed off.

Don't much care for any religion, as long as your not hurting me or mine. Also enjoy racist/religious jokes, as I understand it works both ways and I'm cool with it as long as its not malicious intent or directed at someone face to face. Chill out, life is too short to spend half of it trying to prove a point.

Half the problem is people taking offence by what's said. If someone disagrees with your religion, colour, sex, creed sexual orientation etc then that is their problem. Its pretty egotistical to think everyone should agree with you on everything you stand for.

People out here take the piss out of me for being Irish, its potato this and alcoholic that. I don't care. Take it with a grain of salt and go back to your life. IMO any religion is ridiculous and the base of the majority of not all wars, and from the way of the world now, the Muslim faith seem to be the most extreme/pissed off.

Don't much care for any religion, as long as your not hurting me or mine. Also enjoy racist/religious jokes, as I understand it works both ways and I'm cool with it as long as its not malicious intent or directed at someone face to face. Chill out, life is too short to spend half of it trying to prove a point.

Well said Paddy haha ;)

Aamir,

Just one of those things. Faith divides people.

Most on UKSO probably don't believe in God.

Even Those who do believe God exists won't have any interest in living according to the bible or Quran or whatever.

if you believe the Bible then you should have no issues with being the butt of jokes or people using Jesus Christ as a curse word. It's to be expected and accepted.

If you believe the Quran then you can tell me how you what you are meant to do about someone hating you or whatever this joker has been up to.

General consensus - suck it up

Or get all radical Islamic on him and demand he obey sharia law here in UK

Phil

That pisses me off if I'm honest.

Just as it was meant to, my point is being a radical Muslim isn't a realistic option currently in the UK.

So you can't expect someone to tiptoe around Muhammad or whatever if they are convinced it's utter rubbish. The people of the UK generally don't even tiptoe around the faith of their own forefathers if they decide they don't want to believe it.

Phil

Just as it was meant to, my point is being a radical Muslim isn't a realistic option currently in the UK.

So you can't expect someone to tiptoe around Muhammad or whatever if they are convinced it's utter rubbish. The people of the UK generally don't even tiptoe around the faith of their own forefathers if they decide they don't want to believe it.

Phil

Brilliantly summed up.

Best quote ever! To many people are to big headed these days and feel that the way they live their life (what ever way that is) is how others should live theirs! There in lies the issue with modern life. Live and let live. Witch is ironic given all faiths and teachings in all education/cultures is that peace and respect for others is paramount to a happy life!

You ever been to one of the backward shit holes where all this trouble emanates? It's like going back to the middle ages. They believe in it so strongly as they really have very little else to live for.

I cant see the racism? Someone changed there fcebook name to mohamed and it offended you enough to come on here and make a thread about it? If that is what you think racism is your deluded!

Its pathetic really!

+1

playing the race card when it's not really needed just dumbs down the situations where it is