Why are glanza/ starlet owners so stuck up

im a honda head but i cant insure one at the moment so i have a 4efe glanza. i am on a good few fourms and go to alot of meets and events so i have met alot of people from both honda and toyota fourms. my opinion is you cant paint everyone with the same brush,i have met stuck up people on both sides and sound lads too its just the way it is. :thumbsup:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh I've seen a couple of people swap there glanzas after a rebuild/engine swap for a honda just because there scared it will pop again and go for reliability, I love them both the noise of vtec but also the noise of boost, personally I like putting bigger cars to shame and when questioned it's just a 1.3 lol and the fact it's an import turbo and money in the right places see's big gains, don't get me wrong I'd rape my dog for a boosted type r/s2000 haha

Ive recently just got rid of a blue dc5 without a doubt the best car ive ever owned! I got rid of it for a 370 brake evo and although the evo was faster in a straight line the dc5 was just heaps better in every other way in my opinion.

I went to a local honda meet with 3 or 4 other friends (who also had hondas) and no body at the meet except one lad gave us any time of day they were all just looking down at us realy and wandering about in groups not talking to anyone else.

My friend pulled up about an hour after us and hes been into his hondas for years he used to know everyone there and be good friends with them and not one of them said hi to him his explaination behind it was that every little honda boy is a stuck up little bitch where if you dont keep in touch or go to every little show they will just bin you off and not even speak to you which I was amazed at because everyone I know with a honda are realy nice people he even said that the civic forum is the same!

My point is no matter what car you drive your going to get stuck up little bitches it doesnt mean that everyone who owns that car is a bitch just man the f**k up and deal with it.

No offense but a lot of honda owners are knobs and thrash the shit out of them constantly!!!

This forum is far more helpful than the civic forums and nearly everyone on here is willing to help you out...

But in your defense hondas are great cars and good ones are hard to find nowadays.

Feel free not to read this, bit of an essay.

my initial thought on the original question is that Everybody hates on Honda and alot of it is down to the community and the types of people that usually drive Hondas; The community is pretty poor unless you have a particularly nice Honda (something with a B series, integra, s2000 or something that just looks good/ stance queen) if that's the case people tend to get on with you quite well (from what I have seen) I however had a beat up old 1.4 non Vtec 4th gen, it was my second car, it was £400, I loved it. I got on well with a few local people, and people who also had a beat up honda as a first/ second car, but on the forums and at bigger shows the crowd felt pretty cold. And I have to say the CRX forum is very snobby. Slightly older following that were very opinionated.

As for the people that drive Hondas, I found it was mostly people like me, younger, new to driving, couldn't afford much so make it feel/ sound like a race car and bingo, its a race car and needs to be thrashed everywhere (Vtec jokes aside, they do need to be thrashed, they lack low end torque, big time)

SO the point I was trying to make is that hondas are seen as shopping carts turned boy racer chav mobiles, compared to the, in my opinion, slightly more serious, Glanzas/ GT's (even though I feel like more of a boy racer in my Glanza than I did in my Honda) so offering a Honda for a Starlet, I can imagine some people turning there noses up.

But reading the rest of this thread I will also say that there are these sorts of people in every community i'm sure however I have not some across any, personally, in the starlet community yet.

It really depends what you look for in a car, yes the starlet is great. Small engine, good fuel economy, plenty of tuning potential and has power to weight on its side. However they are old, as bland as Honda interiors may be, the starlet's is well past its sell by date, they also look dated and don't handle near half as well.

I loved my starlet, had plenty of fun in it, but i'm probably not alone on this but when your giving it the beans your always worried about every little noise or if something goes wrong. Been in plenty of Honda's and they are as sweet as a couch potato and cause no fuss what so ever.

Think when u put time and effort into any car any little noise makes you paranoid. I was a big Honda fanboy before I got into starlets and I found the groups to be pretty stuck up and other than discussing how epic v-tec is convo is pretty boring.

Always wanted a glanza since my mums friend had one and since then I've had randomers stop me and have full blown convos about starlets because I had a starlet tee on. I actually speak to more people I've met thought starlets On a daily basis than friends met thought work/school/pubs . There are some arseholes and scene kids but they just come and go like any walk of life

My eg was fun, handled well, sounded nice and looked nice. Good overall car. The only downside is the scene. Full of camber fags, flat peaks, rotas and it gets nothing but abuse from every other car scene because honda boys do nothing but bang on about vtec and rev limiter at shit for no reason... loved the car, hard the scene. Would still like to own a turbo civic at some point.

I am a massive fan of the vtec that Honda offers, and love my starlet. The problem is is that the ep3 ' s are as common as muck. A ek9 However! Different story altogether. It's not just honda v toyota, it's just the market at the moment. A decent starlet is getting hard to come by. A decent ep3 well my brother is selling his so there we go.

Agree that EP3's are common as muck, but does that not go to show that its a good car? It's a well rounded car with the k20 which is virtually bulletproof even with a turbo strapped to it making 350bhp on a stock block.

Anything that's had time and money thrown at it you will be paranoid over, but my two starlets were standard except exhaust systems and still managed to break the ringlands. I think it may just be a turbo thing.

Starlet vs Honda will forever debate on, it depends what you want from the car at the end of the day.