Mother releases footage of the moment her son was killed in motorbike crash

I know this may start an argument but here goes ........

Yes I understand the driver didn't look well enough but when a motorbike is going 100mph the driver could have looked and thought that's plenty of room ( assuming he was doing the correct speed ) but in a blink of an eye he was hitting the car......... Why isit allways the driver who gets the blame when the biker was doing a minimum of 40mph over the limit!!

Not fair in my opinion

James

That videos shocking.of all the sick/horrible vids I have seen on tinternet (alot lol) this is the worst by far.

watching it made me feel ill, but that kid wouldn't have known a thing about that accident.

He would have broken up into pieces I am certain, and as for that car did you see the front of it, for a motorcycle to do that to a car is unseen before now im sure

people pulling out on bikes is all to common and its what made me stop motorcycling.

I was constantly worried about people pulling out on me and no longer enjoying riding

Yes I understand the driver didn't look well enough but when a motorbike is going 100mph the driver could have looked and thought that's plenty of room ( assuming he was doing the correct speed ) but in a blink of an eye he was hitting the car......... Why isit allways the driver who gets the blame when the biker was doing a minimum of 40mph over the limit!!

Not fair in my opinion

James

Driver admitted to not looking and didn't see either motorbike or car coming.

How people cannot see how fast something is coming is beyond me. Pulling out quickly after seeing that a vehicle is quite a bit up the road is a hasty and silly move. If you have sat there long enough to study the speed if other vehicles this wouldn't happen.

The motorcyclist was also in the wrong for doing 100mph on a public road but who hasn't done that? He paid the price for speeding. The person driving deserves to pay the price for driving without due care and attention.

Who's to say it wouldn't have happened if he was doing 60?

Not fair in my opinion

James

I completely agree with jimmymac. In my experience alot of bikers ride like absolute twats. Its ok to tell all drivers to 'think bike' and pay more attention etc but bikers need to improve their attitude towards car drivers

!00% agree with these guys.

!00% agree with these guys.

got to agree as well, here in north Devon we have shit loads of bikers who I witness undertaking, overtaking on blinds corners, speeding well over 100mph and even one undertook me on a roundabout the other morning, they should remember that the only safety they have is abit of leather and helmet, but also with this in mind drivers need to be a lot more alert on the roads these days due to this

It's just a simple case of both at fault. Driver didn't pay enough attention and biker was going way too fast. All guilty of not paying 100% attention all the time and we're all guilty of having sped at some point. No good pointing fingers lol.

As sad and tragic as it this story is doing a ton on the public roads is asking for trouble.

If he were doing 40mph less would he have survived and at least had time to brake?

Lesson to folk to stick to the speed limits.

Car shouldn't have pulled across, either through not seeing the bike or miss judging its speed, however...

....a bike doing near on 100mph on a 60mph road is asking for trouble, how people can say the bike isn't at fault as well is beyond me.

He was obviously an experienced rider and whilst doing that sort of speed should be looking as far up the road as possible but he showed no signs of backing off coming up to that junction.

It is a terribly sad story and hopefully lots of people can learn from it, both drivers and riders.

another fuckhead in a car !!!!!!!!! some real spastics out there that just dont give a fuck how they ever got there licenses in the first place is beyond me i hope the car driver served his/her 5 year jail term

speeding or not this is NOT the bikers fault attal

it is not his fault, but he should have not been going over 60mph either, maybe if he was he would not be dead

both parties are to blame for the accident, biker going over speed limit, car pulling across leaving too little space/time. you always have to compensate for idiots, so I would have my foot over the brake even looking at the guy indicating to turn, you just never know if they will pull out or not. this time they did.

Edited by Jamie5414

That video s actualy awfull... I actualy jumped whden I heard the crunch of him hitting the car it happens so fast! As mentioned we are all guilty of speeding at some point and were guilty of nog paying attention at some point the video wasnt made to find out who was at fault it was made to try and save it happening again....

Stop the video at 2:52 and you will see the car has already started to turn, 2 secs ahead and the biker hits the front of the car, also note the distance the bike goes during these two seconds.

If you could see a video of this from the car, who would you blame?

He was travelling at 146.66ft per second, if the driver had glanced a few seconds to check that nothing was coming an object the size of a bike dodging in and out of traffic would of been near impossible to spot at 586ft and behind a car , also what was he thinking overtaking a car at 100mph approaching a junction !!

I've driven that road plenty of times, Its 1 of 2 main roads into norwich. Even at 100mph coming over the crest of that hill you can see a bike for a good while the car clearly didnt look, they admitted to not seeing the bike NOR the car the bike had overtaken. Therefore in this case no matter the speed of the biker it was the driver of the car to blame as they admitted it.

I've had a car do exactly this to me the day i got my ep. I had my lights on, saw a car pull up at a crossroads i was over 400m away and they sat there until i was about 50m away the moved. I had to go on the wrong side of the road to swerve around them. Luckily nothing was coming the other way!