Wanting to remove power steering

It is just common sense really mate.remove it all and you will be left with two holes on the steering rack.I fill them regularly with copper grease to keep the oil left in there stay there and also to block the holes up 90%

U cant block the holes up fully as u will stop rack working well

Dont bother its shit without it, i did it and put it back in.

Take the pas belt off the car and drive it about, if you like the feel of it then go ahead.

You do idealy need to make some kind of loop with the old pipe ends to keep the rack lubricated or else it might seize up.

Take the pas belt off the car and drive it about, if you like the feel of it then go ahead.

You do idealy need to make some kind of loop with the old pipe ends to keep the rack lubricated or else it might seize up.

I'll leave it then mate haha 👍👍👍

I dont agree with the above.starlets are very light cars that dont need power steering at all...removing power steering to me feels tons better and you get more feedback/feel.

the other plus is u remove a piece of very weighty equipment and clean up engine bay hugely/increase access to readily and easily do bits on car.

Edited by mikey4410

i completely agree. the only way to do it right is to swap a full non pas rack and steering column. then it might not be so bad.

i have found it very heavy going the manual rack conversion (using the proper manual rack)

i am running 195 45 16 wheel and tyres, anti lift kit, poly bushed and as much neg camber the shock bolts will let me, and its heavy as hell for parking, i still havnt had it reset again after an alignment set up as i am wanting to see if i can make it any better.

• 6 months later...

I like mine without ps but hate it at the same time, great for feel on the move but if you hit lumps in the road it nearly pulls the steering wheel out my hands (brown trousers moment). But feels very rewarding on good roads stitching corners together at speed

I've put my electric pas on a switch now so I have best of both worlds. I'll be Down at japfest so if anyone's wondering how much of pain it is to live without it you can see how much of a pain it is when trying to park n crap

I've put my electric pas on a switch now so I have best of both worlds. I'll be Down at japfest so if anyone's wondering how much of pain it is to live without it you can see how much of a pain it is when trying to park n crap

ive almost got everything i need to do mine shaun. so ill be intersted to have a feel of yours ;)