Buying used forged engine

I have an opportunity to get a forged 4E-FTE that has been run 50 000 kms. It's been dynoed over 340 hp with td05 turbo.

Is 50k kms alot to a forged engine that powerfull and should I be expecting some major problems with that engine in the near future? From what I heard, it's been mainly in road use. No track days or dragging.

Edited by whitestar

Ok thanks, good to hear. :)

I think the engine has been built between 2008-2009. The owner built it himself, so I guess it has been serviced and maintained well.

Going to see it today. Taking my compression tester and stethoscope with me to be sure it runs fine. ^_^

Any last minute tips what to check?

Yeah, he has receipts. It has cruise head gasket, JE pistons, speedvision valve springs, stainless valves etc. Also externally gated greddy TD05g16 turbo with a cracked manifold. The head has been machined, just not sure what has been done. Skimmed at least that I know.

The engine had low compression on cylinder no. 2 so not sure what to do now as it would cost a big pile of money to buy it first and propably some more to fix it.

Compression test results were around

1: 145

2: 90

3: 145

4: 145

The car had been standing in a parking hall all winter since august. It had been left there standing as the manifold had cracked from two places.

We ran the engine warm before doing the test. We didn't put any oil in to the cylinder and I don't think it was WOT when cranking.

Any thoughts?

Haha, he was cool as ice and told it had been working fine ever since it was built. Told he was a bit confused and promised to check the cylinder 2 later and get back with the results...

Honestly, my engine had (has) the same issue on cylinder 2 and still the engine seems to work just fine... :D

If it was ryna lairds engine (guessing here)

then its sold and some body else likely bought it,.

though i see it was advertised as 130 across the board so prob not him.

Phil