• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did.. I would have paid £200 for them too haha! MAX!

Lol good job i sold them for double that :p i aint fussed about rotas tbh they do the job, i dont see why people get so uptight about reps if there sold as reps then fair enough some one may not be able to afford a 300 quid spoiler so choose a cheaper option, same as bumpers etc, safety stuff yea i can see your point but its there risk not any one elses

I have a rep livesports spoiler.. Doesn't fit great if I'm honest but I didn't fancy paying £350 for a genuine when I paid £100 for the rep..

Exactly not every one wants to pay loads for a part that does the same thing but made by another company, its not doin any harm to any one having a rep non safety related part

Tbh ive had rep takatas and to try them i fitted them in buckled them up and kicked the shit out of them as a test if they failed they would of been binned

Exactly not every one wants to pay loads for a part that does the same thing but made by another company, its not doin any harm to any one having a rep non safety related part

Tbh ive had rep takatas and to try them i fitted them in buckled them up and kicked the shit out of them as a test if they failed they would of been binned

Agree with this! Starlets are hardly high end or expensive cars

i was big on finding all my rare parts spent ages tracking down a full ep91 tom's kit and when i finaly got it iddy had managed to get and copy the front bumper and rear spats. it pretty much killed the whole idea for me to be honest the kits still sitting in my room. putting that much effort and money into something to then discover you can just click buy from a site and have it delivered to your door and no one will actualy tell the difference unless you tell them is soul destroying.

that said i always try buy the best of parts it doesnt seem to matter what you buy/do if its a good idea a month later everyone will be doing it. i just take it as a compliment now.

the whole rare and expensive parts thing is just a pain to be honest. some prices are just daft for parts that are only rare cause they where pretty much uselesss to start with so no one bough them.

carbon wrapping or dipping is just a fake carbon parts at the end of the day yet everyone loses there mind and pays mental prices because it has a trd badge?

oh i swear, think i might just stop bringing stuff in, getting offered rota style prices for my gram lights for fuck sake..

I do agree with some of what you say... but I also find it very ironic you're continually moaning about people not wanting to pay for the things you're selling when you're basically trading unofficially...

The thing that pisses me off the most is people who buy fake takata's and fake brides just to be 'scene'

Fucking morons

This is just it, I feel sorry for the passengers that do not know fake stuff, god forbid they end up in an accident because I've seen some of the stitching on those fake Takata's any its dire to say the least.

I do agree with some of what you say... but I also find it very ironic you're continually moaning about people not wanting to pay for the things you're selling when you're basically trading unofficially...

i asked to be trader, got a we will look into it.. haven't heard back since, i asked and ya can ask bluebear if ya don't believe me

i asked to be trader, got a we will look into it.. haven't heard back since, i asked and ya can ask bluebear if ya don't believe me

they prob don't want you to be a trader mate with socks bringing in the stuff from Japan or your not in the click or the correct group of friends that seems to be how it works

they prob don't want you to be a trader mate with socks bringing in the stuff from Japan or your not in the click or the correct group of friends that seems to be how it works

maybe be the case, i don't know, just i brought stuff in for myself but i no longer plan on keeping the glanza as il get a gt maybe next year so im selling most my stuff i got for the car.. and the other stuff i got in as a way for people to have nice genuine parts, i mean im offering on some if not all my parts free shipping and pay pal fee free..still only few people willing to pay, and then there are others who down right insult ya with an offer

i under stand could ya knock of a lil and i do and sometimes i don't as i have dropped the price in the ad already and they still want more price drop.. i would like to thank those who have bought stuff from me in the past great bunch of guys and girls.. lil bit of haggling here and there nothing insulting

and what gets me as well, if i was trader im sure most my stuff would be sold now, as i feel people are more aligned to buying from traders that private sales..

that's how i feel about it anyway.. now il go and eat some hagen daz ice cream and have a cry. :cray:

LOL

Sorry to jump at it but 'the click' or 'correct group' is just bullshit. That's not how it is at all. The thread is about genuine over fake items and doesnt require any immature comments like yours. You seem to do it a lot in threads and it's just not needed.

If you have an issue with a member of the forum then contact them directly.

maybe be the case, i don't know, just i brought stuff in for myself but i no longer plan on keeping the glanza as il get a gt maybe next year so im selling most my stuff i got for the car.. and the other stuff i got in as a way for people to have nice genuine parts, i mean im offering on some if not all my parts free shipping and pay pal fee free..still only few people willing to pay, and then there are others who down right insult ya with an offer

i under stand could ya knock of a lil and i do and sometimes i don't as i have dropped the price in the ad already and they still want more price drop.. i would like to thank those who have bought stuff from me in the past great bunch of guys and girls.. lil bit of haggling here and there nothing insulting

and what gets me as well, if i was trader im sure most my stuff would be sold now, as i feel people are more aligned to buying from traders that private sales..

that's how i feel about it anyway.. now il go and eat some hagen daz ice cream and have a cry. :cray:

LOL

Sadly I just think it's down to the times. People just aren't willing to pay the prices that they used too anymore. A set of decent genuine JDM wheels 5 years back used to be £500-800 easy depending on condition. Now a full set of refurbished wheels (SSR, Advan etc) just don't sell for anywhere near as much..

People like yourself who sell at possibly the items true value suffer. I can only imagine it's due to the replica items being so cheap, which like this tread is about.. It's a shame.

Another thing that contributes is the fact that the cars are cheap to buy, and people swindle around the insurance. When kids get hold of them they don't have the money to pay £1200 for a Bride seat, or £1500 for a set of Rays wheels. so they end up buying all the chinese rubbish.

Unfortunately this is the same across most the JDM scene, particularly Honda's where there is so much fake shit it only leaves you to warrant buying parts from traders and not private sales.

Edited by AdamB

its also the relative value of cars.

a supra or skyline, costs 12000 for a real nice one, so a nice seat or wheels is the norm, after all forging a motor is only for mental power.

whereas in a starlet/civic your build and buying ooodles of bits for a 1500quid car.... and then baulk at the price tag of the big wheel/seat prices.

its understandable.

Skyline - do you want to spend 1000 on wheels or keep your 1000 pound? buy the wheels gotta spend it on something mentality.

Starlet - do you want to spend 800 on wheels or 800 on forged piston/rod combo? harder to choose the wheels!

Phil

Edited by Phil